FACEBOOK GROUPS

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Similarly, I recently looked up sulcata care on YT, and it was simply awful. I found the same wrong, tortoise killing info that has been dispensed and repeated for decades on channel after channel. Its terrible and very sad.

Tim Carlisle

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Cincinnati, OH
Maybe I will have to join and pop in. I will plaster the caresheet and how they are purposely giving bad info and killing tortoises.
If I get banned from that group who cares.
If i get put in FB jail, it's all to familiar lol.
I plaster Tom's words of wisdom every chance I get in that group.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
I mod for the group, "Redfoot Tortoise Fanatics":

It's one of the tolerable groups, IMHO.

Jamie
Seen it.
Haven't visited yet

Tim Carlisle

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Cincinnati, OH
Boy. You've got your hands full.
That place is bonkers
Gee ya think? lol
They average 100+ new member requests daily that I have to sort through. I have to ban nearly 25% of those. Unlike this forum, you have to really sugar-coat and kissy-face responses to questions or you are deemed a hater. But I made a commitment to the group owner, so I shalt fulfill my obligations to the best of my ability 😞

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Gee ya think? lol
They average 100+ new member requests daily that I have to sort through. I have to ban nearly 25% of those. Unlike this forum, you have to really sugar-coat and kissy-face responses to questions or you are deemed a hater. But I made a commitment to the group owner, so I shalt fulfill my obligations to the best of my ability 😞
We rarely have to ban anyone over a disagreement that turned nasty.
Most of the bans happen outside of the view of the members. And its usually because of scam IP addresses

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Maybe I will have to join and pop in. I will plaster the caresheet and how they are purposely giving bad info and killing tortoises.
If I get banned from that group who cares.
If i get put in FB jail, it's all to familiar lol.
I hope I stay there cause someone's trying to hack my account that I haven't been on since before I joined TFO 😁ban me please ban me 😊

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Gee ya think? lol
Oh wow I wouldn't last long at all then lol

OliveW

Branford, FL
Gee ya think? lol

Completely outrageous! Sounds like dealing with a bunch of middle school kids.

I haven't looked any further after finding this forum. I don't want anyone sucking up to me, or babying me about what I'm doing wrong! I want straight talk about how to care for my new friend in the best way and keep him healthy! Big girl panties firmly in place.

I really hate facebook! You are a patient man!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA

I haven't looked any further after finding this forum. I don't want anyone sucking up to me, or babying me about what I'm doing wrong! I want straight talk about how to care for my new friend in the best way and keep him healthy! Big girl panties firmly in place.

Wish everyone that joined had your mind set. Good for you.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster

Well... oh my garsh Facebook 😁 don't get me started.😜 I even have friends there and found some that were long lost. When my brandy new phone asked me if I'd like to uninstall Facebook I was ecstatic 😁 and couldn't tap the uninstall button fast enough. I'm still celebrating 🎉🐢😁. One day I went to a pet shop and asked a question about my little Russian. The employee went on her phone and I had a feeling that the site she went to would become important to me later. She gave me a YavonneG answer. Later when I ran across the tortoiseforum.org, as I was reading and with the answers I received (which cheered me up to no end 😘🐢) I recognized that this is the site that the young lady had been on. I found my home to talk tort