Faint Signs Of Growth? Near Heart Attack Again

MzNENA

Location (City and/or State)
Colorado
Back again lol
With more photos of our little Ibera Greek hatchling Squirtle, as always :)

We've had him now for a little over a month, now. He's about 3 to 4 months of age.

Now either I'm crazy & seeing things, but I think I am finally starting to see some faint signs of growth on our little guy :D
Here are a few close up photos taken today.
Would you agree??

1390864780399.jpg
1390864795290.jpg
1390864813778.jpg
1390864846870.jpg

Is it true that Greeks tend to reach the 3 inch size after the 1st year?
Excited to watch this little one grow from a hatchling into a yearling. :p

And yet again, another scare today :dodgy:
I usually wake up every morning, turn off Squirtle's CHE, turn on his basking light, allow him to soak & warm up & then feed him.

Today was a busy day at home so I'd forgotten to feed Squirtle at his usual time. A few hours past & I guess out of desperation, hunger, or who knows what, he tried climbing his enclosure walls & flipped over,
AGAIN :(

I knew this time it couldn't have been more than half an hour, but found him on his back, arms & legs spread far out, head out & all the way back on the ground, seriously he looked dead :(
Flipped him over slowly this time, quickly soaked him & fed him to which he ate as though he'd never eaten before.

It's nice that tortoises aren't noise making pets, but at times I wish these little ones could cry for help when in need of help.
Swear he's going to give me a heart attack some day :s :s

But I love this little booger :D

1390865641796.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

milkandsam

5 Year Member
Too cute!!! He is looking like Thor!!!! I can't believe he gave you a heart attack again today! :( silly squirtle! I am also excited to watch them grow into yearlings... can't believe it. It will be here before we know it!!

MzNENA

Colorado
I wonder at times since both of our torts are around the same age, both from Tortoise Supply, could they be siblings? Or at least have a similar parent? That would be quite interesting lol :D

And yes ahh. Squirtle is serious with his food. Too serious at times. I was about 2 hours later with his food than usual & he was pacing all over the enclosure, when he usually doesn't venture far. Climbing the walls. Staring up at me waving his arm when I'd pass him, then I leave him alone for 30min & he's flipped :dodgy:
These little ones are like taking care of a baby. Leave them alone, they get into trouble immediately lol :p

milkandsam

5 Year Member
Lol!! Too funny! I hope they are siblings! That would be too cool! I'm going to pretend they are!! :)
I can't believe Squirtle does all that for food! Thor just chomp on whatever was left over from last night and snoozes until I feed him fresh food!! Lol. They are too silly!!!

funbean

My little one is just starting to eat infront of me

About 1.5 months old ImageUploadedByTortForum1390875061.685717.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

MzNENA

Colorado
Such a beautiful tortoise!
Love the coloring.
And very nice!
Mine still has his shy moments when eating but he loves to eat from my hands :shy:

MzNENA

Colorado
I actually want him to grow already, but sure when he reaches full size, I'll miss him more as a hatchling :blush:

HerbsParents

Herbert is about 2 now and certainly not shy about eating, in fact a hand is worth a try to eat

Sent on the move

tort_luv_5055

New York (USA)
Our babies are almost exactly the same age too. I can't wait to watch my baby grow up, but I just can't believe he is already 3 months. Oh my god. Its unbelievable.

MzNENA

Colorado
It does go by pretty quickly I can tell ya that. I am just so excited to see what my tort will look like as an adult & so I can finally determine what sex he (hoping) is, but hearing from other members with their adults, they greatly miss the hatchling days.
So for now I'll enjoy him as a hatchling as much as possible. They'll become yearlings within the year and that growth is exciting within itself :D