Fake rock 3D background

FLINTUS

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Watery Wiltshire in the UK
Thinking of doing something along the lines of what the dart frog keepers do with polystyrene and grout to build up climbing areas at the back for my hinges. Would like to get opinions on it-risk of eating the polystyrene etc.- as I know there are some frog keepers on here.

edwardbo

5 Year Member
they wont eat it ,but its work intensive and some grouts are toxic (as dust).plaster is worth looking into,messy . there are many you tube "how to,s" . i think its under lizard some thing .you tube million dollar back yard it will lead you to water falls ,to in door ....most use styrofoam as a base looks awesome !!!(i think about it all day, but getting the time)please let me know what you think of this stuff.tell us about your torts .pics please....

please show your animals and your enclosures. ...the enclosures as high art is what led me to torts...can not find how to post new threads,looking for months.thanks

FLINTUS

5 Year Member
Watery Wiltshire in the UK
edwardbo said:
they wont eat it ,but its work intensive and some grouts are toxic (as dust).plaster is worth looking into,messy . there are many you tube "how to,s" . i think its under lizard some thing .you tube million dollar back yard it will lead you to water falls ,to in door ....most use styrofoam as a base looks awesome !!!(i think about it all day, but getting the time)please let me know what you think of this stuff.tell us about your torts .pics please....

please show your animals and your enclosures. ...the enclosures as high art is what led me to torts...can not find how to post new threads,looking for months.thanks

New threads can be posted by the 'new topic' button near the top of the main page for a section.
The enclosure will be 0.9m high, so plenty of height. I will look into which grouts are safe-and yes, I realise it is addictive and time consuming lol!

BeeBee*BeeLeaves

5 Year Member
Orange County, So Cal
Woo hoo, this thread is going to be fun! Froggie people, and set decorators, chime in, one and all! Absolutely looking forward to the inspiration! Yes! : )

AustinASU

5 Year Member
Pensacola, FL
If you need any ideas pm me i've helped make several of these for friends :p they look legit.

BeeBee*BeeLeaves

5 Year Member
Orange County, So Cal
AustinASU said:
If you need any ideas pm me i've helped make several of these for friends :p they look legit.

AustinASU! Watcha talkin' 'bout? PM makes it private message, secret-ee-secret, LOL! Here, here, we want all the good stuff here for all to see! Share.Them.Pictures. : )

kirby2591

5 Year Member
As far as I know its safe. Once its grouted I plan to clear coat all of it. I will make sure that the clear coat is tort safe sealing it all