Family "ghost" stories?

Blackdog1714

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Richmond, VA
Many years ago the wife and I went to Winchester,VA for a Chow Chow Specialty Show to meet a breeder. We stayed the weeeken and went on a ghost tour. Oddly they started with explaining how most hauntings were due to electrical or mechanical systems in a house- odd sensation in a room then maybe it was due to a bare wire in the wall that was projecting electricity. And more to explain away ghost before they described haunts like batteries-ones that are charged by emotion. Imagine the unease you feel at a Civil War battlefield. They showed use two places- a bar where a man was killed over a lovers quarrel... this scene replays regular as just that scene with chairs moving glasses knocked around. Now the other was a house that the main road went around. The old owner made it her life’s work to not let them move her house and it took many years of her life and they built it around her. Her ghost is said to have the ability to speak and interact. Lastly they said that people who are the most sensitive to ghosts can’t wear a watch due to it malfunctioning. When explained like science it is a game changer!

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Many years ago the wife and I went to Winchester,VA for a Chow Chow Specialty Show to meet a breeder. We stayed the weeeken and went on a ghost tour. Oddly they started with explaining how most hauntings were due to electrical or mechanical systems in a house- odd sensation in a room then maybe it was due to a bare wire in the wall that was projecting electricity. And more to explain away ghost before they described haunts like batteries-ones that are charged by emotion. Imagine the unease you feel at a Civil War battlefield. They showed use two places- a bar where a man was killed over a lovers quarrel... this scene replays regular as just that scene with chairs moving glasses knocked around. Now the other was a house that the main road went around. The old owner made it her life’s work to not let them move her house and it took many years of her life and they built it around her. Her ghost is said to have the ability to speak and interact. Lastly they said that people who are the most sensitive to ghosts can’t wear a watch due to it malfunctioning. When explained like science it is a game changer!
Is it an actual science, though?

Blackdog1714

5 Year Member
Richmond, VA
Is it an actual science, though?
For the disproving part yep. For the ghost battery part it just sorta makes sense that emotional energy charges them. I mean have you ever been around someone who was a “hot mess” it is an energy you can feel.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
When my granddaughter lived in this house her bedroom where she said there was a spirit is my new reptile room. I was never comfortable when this room was my library, but after removing most of the books and shelves, and setting up the tortoise enclosures, the discomfort has gone.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
My new house has a black shadow dog that likes to follow you when it’s dark. He doesn’t seem mean though.
My dog, Suki seems to see something and she tracks it through the house, hair standing up on her spine and growling.
This happens several times a month.

Last edited:

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
When my wife and I stayed up in a log cabin in Tennessee last year. I was snoring at night (shocking).
My wife went into the second bedroom. But later came running back in, screaming that she felt some hands try choking her while she slept.
No one else was in the cabin. Or on that mountain from what I could tell.
My wife says she doesn't dream much and still says it was real.
It still has her shaken.

Attachments

• 20190415_102631.jpg
    20190415_102631.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 2

Srmcclure

Oklahoma city
My nana's 2 story house is haunted...

I was always told that by my mom, but I figured it was just to scare my brother and I as kids... she did that to us all the time. 6 years ago my son and I came to live with her because she lost her job and I could help her pay the mortgage. We had the whole upstairs to our selves which was great, because we all know how living with family can be sometimes.

Nothing happened for a long time, you'd just get weird feelings like someone is watching you. One day I came home to my dvd towers moved all the way across the room in an unorganized cluster. I went down stairs and asked my nana if anyone had come into the house for the cox maybe and had to move them?

No, she said. No one was in the house all day.
Okay.... weird, but whatever... brush it off because what else can you do?

Then, one night, my son had crawled into bed with me. The bedroom I was in was technically the master and was huge. It had a very large bay window in it that let a lot of moon light in at night so it was pretty bright for nighttime. Something woke me up so I rolled over to look around the room to see what it was. Standing right over me by the side of the bed was a very tall outline of a man! He was just standing there looking at me... I screamed and shot up to block my son and he vanished right in front of me... kade never woke up thankfully...

Not sure how long later, but it happened again. This time I woke up and he was there, but he was in the alcove of the bay window. Again there was plenty of light, but all you saw was the outline. I sat up and stared. I was terrified but couldnt do anything... he turned his head and looked at me, then turned around and vanished down the hall...

That was the last time I saw anything. You always feel it though. Something is there watching you. It's never been mean, just there.

My brothers best friend in high school also saw some downstairs walk across the living room and pass through the closed pocket door while he was staying over one night. He WILL NOT step into that house again and it's been 13yrs and he is still very much 'another brother'.

My husband saw a group of shadows run down the hallway one day as well.

You can believe me or not, but it 100% happened to me and still makes me very uncomfortable when I go upstairs. My nana has lived there for over 40yrs and she just roles her eyes at all of our family that has a story about that house. She takes ambien though, so I'm pretty sure if she saw anything she'd blame it on that, but no one else has that problem...

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
My nana's 2 story house is haunted...

I was always told that by my mom, but I figured it was just to scare my brother and I as kids... she did that to us all the time. 6 years ago my son and I came to live with her because she lost her job and I could help her pay the mortgage. We had the whole upstairs to our selves which was great, because we all know how living with family can be sometimes.

Nothing happened for a long time, you'd just get weird feelings like someone is watching you. One day I came home to my dvd towers moved all the way across the room in an unorganized cluster. I went down stairs and asked my nana if anyone had come into the house for the cox maybe and had to move them?

No, she said. No one was in the house all day.
Okay.... weird, but whatever... brush it off because what else can you do?

Then, one night, my son had crawled into bed with me. The bedroom I was in was technically the master and was huge. It had a very large bay window in it that let a lot of moon light in at night so it was pretty bright for nighttime. Something woke me up so I rolled over to look around the room to see what it was. Standing right over me by the side of the bed was a very tall outline of a man! He was just standing there looking at me... I screamed and shot up to block my son and he vanished right in front of me... kade never woke up thankfully...

Not sure how long later, but it happened again. This time I woke up and he was there, but he was in the alcove of the bay window. Again there was plenty of light, but all you saw was the outline. I sat up and stared. I was terrified but couldnt do anything... he turned his head and looked at me, then turned around and vanished down the hall...

That was the last time I saw anything. You always feel it though. Something is there watching you. It's never been mean, just there.

My brothers best friend in high school also saw some downstairs walk across the living room and pass through the closed pocket door while he was staying over one night. He WILL NOT step into that house again and it's been 13yrs and he is still very much 'another brother'.

My husband saw a group of shadows run down the hallway one day as well.

You can believe me or not, but it 100% happened to me and still makes me very uncomfortable when I go upstairs. My nana has lived there for over 40yrs and she just roles her eyes at all of our family that has a story about that house. She takes ambien though, so I'm pretty sure if she saw anything she'd blame it on that, but no one else has that problem...
In my family, like I've said before, a few of us has had this type of experience and some have not. Even in the exact same house.

Srmcclure

Oklahoma city
In my family, like I've said before, a few of us has had this type of experience and some have not. Even in the exact same house.
Its definitely creepy. I dont talk about it often because not many believe me, which is fine, but still lol. My aunt and my brother have never seen anything, but my nana's husbands son stayed with them for 2 or 3 months and he says he will never stay there again because of something he saw, but he won't tell us. He just shakes his head and says never again.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Its definitely creepy. I dont talk about it often because not many believe me, which is fine, but still lol. My aunt and my brother have never seen anything, but my nana's husbands son stayed with them for 2 or 3 months and he says he will never stay there again because of something he saw, but he won't tell us. He just shakes his head and says never again.
Its upsetting to know that something happened that you don't understand and have no control of.

Braeden p

Pottstown PA
Alright.
Here is my third story then.
@Destben has raised the bar..
These are not in chronological order BTW.
I was still young.
My dog had just died.
I was very upset and laying in bed thinking about her when the bed shook a little. Not much, but this is back when there was a LOT of creepy crap going on that seemed directed at me.
My response at the time was to pull the sheet up over my face. Pulling the sheet off of my legs.
Almost right as I did so, something grabbed me by my ankle areas. Both legs, and drug me down the bed untill my whole legs were suspended in air. Then in an instant, it stopped. My legs dropped to the floor.
I was only in bed from my lower back up to my head.
I yelled for my mother who came rushing in.
I also have no explanation for this very real event. And psychological activity doesn't seem to work here. Though it would possibly, possibly explain a few. Maybe even most.
This was the only incident that was physical. And it was something that still bothers me.

I promise you that this is also a true event. Again, blaming ghosts might be a stretch.....I don't know.
Holy crap was thinking of a family member who had recently passed and my bet shook and it is a heavy mattress my dad has trouble carrying it.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
I've been binge watching ghost and alien encounter shows.
There seems to be reports of a loud humming/buzzing sound with alien abduction like what I heard as i was being dragged down the bed.
That just adds to the possibilities.....Though its another paper thin theory!
I'm suspicious of most alien abduction and ghost stories.
Maybe it's my brain trying to be logical. Maybe it's some of my memory trying to forget?
The last episode was 38 years ago.
Long enough to instill doubts.

Srmcclure

Oklahoma city
I've been binge watching ghost and alien encounter shows.
There seems to be reports of a loud humming/buzzing sound with alien abduction like what I heard as i was being dragged down the bed.
That just adds to the possibilities.....Though its another paper thin theory!
I'm suspicious of most alien abduction and ghost stories.
Maybe it's my brain trying to be logical. Maybe it's some of my memory trying to forget?
The last episode was 38 years ago.
Long enough to instill doubts.
Thats all my husband and I watch, but add Bigfoot, dogman and etc lol
I have a bunch of podcasts as well lol

There are a lot of stories that I've listened to that ppl say are ghosts, then when they tell it or if they do that regression therapy it doesn't always end how they remembered... not trying to freak any one out!!!!

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Thats all my husband and I watch, but add Bigfoot, dogman and etc lol
I have a bunch of podcasts as well lol

There are a lot of stories that I've listened to that ppl say are ghosts, then when they tell it or if they do that regression therapy it doesn't always end how they remembered... not trying to freak any one out!!!!
At least I can pretty much 100% rule out Bigfoot....