Family "ghost" stories?

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
I'm not sure.
I think it happened, but as 80% of our memories are themselves false, embellished or inaccurate, I'm not positive.
But I don't believe in ghosts.
I also like the unexplained and mysterious occurrences.
Like why on earth wifey married me and why i can only ever find one of a pair of socks .
The sock mystery is universal among human males.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Well I say if you believe in a god of any kind then there must be ghost . If you believe in life after death there must be ghost. If there's a Heaven and Hell is there a middle ground where your lost souls go ? My son was sitting on the couch watching my little dog act funny . He took a picture and in that picture you can see a little boy in the doorway to the kitchen . My wife seen the same little boy and thought it was my youngest son poke his head around the corner . But he was in his room sleeping . I've seen what looks like a woman in her 30s in the doorway of my laundry room. All the lights in the house were on . But it didn't look like a real person just like a reflection In the doorway. It's weird but true . My boy put the picture on Facebook some could see the boy ,some say they don't . Do I believe in ghost ? I don't know how to explain what I seen . But I do know some weird crap is going on in this old house . It was built in 1943 . No telling who lived and died in it before I got it . I completely remodeled it back in 2005 .
My most frightening encounter...One that wont be shared on this forum took place in a then brand new house in Hollywood Florida on land that was before just a swamp.
It couldn't have even been an old Indian grave site.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
I'll share with you LARRY THE LION:
About 1969 I was very young . My parents had just gotten divorced and I was settling into bed. My bedroom door was closed because my mother was up in the next room making noise.
I had on a night light, so there was some light in the room. I had a bunk bed. Not a large one,. More of a child's bunk bed. and I always slept on the bottom bunk because I stored my collection of stuffed animals on the top. Including my "Larry the lion". A large and heavy stuffed lion with a string that when pulled would say "Hello. I'm Larry the lion". Larry sat usually directly in the center of the bed and had for some time because I was rather done with playing with stuffed animals by then.
I settled into my usual spot, directly up against the wall, and had started to get comfortable, when all of the sudden, WHAM!! I was hit in the head very hard by something that made my ears ring. I rolled over in time to see Larry the lion rolling to a stop on the floor a few feet from the bed. Then I glanced over and saw that the door was still closed. After a few moments of not being able to scream, I was able to and my mother came rushing into the room. She then tried to explain to me how Larry could have fallen off of the top bunk, made a U-turn, come into the bottom bunk and slam my head like someone was swinging him by the tail at full strength.....Actually, she couldn't.
And I still can't wrap my mind around it.
It was a tiny bunk bead. The laws of physics would seen to say that it's impossible. How could that have happened?
That is my earliest memory of anything unusual.
Thoughts?
And yes. Larry was in the garbage the next morning.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
I'll share with you LARRY THE LION:
About 1969 I was very young . My parents had just gotten divorced and I was settling into bed. My bedroom door was closed because my mother was up in the next room making noise.
I had on a night light, so there was some light in the room. I had a bunk bed. Not a large one,. More of a child's bunk bed. and I always slept on the bottom bunk because I stored my collection of stuffed animals on the top. Including my "Larry the lion". A large and heavy stuffed lion with a string that when pulled would say "Hello. I'm Larry the lion". Larry sat usually directly in the center of the bed and had for some time because I was rather done with playing with stuffed animals by then.
I settled into my usual spot, directly up against the wall, and had started to get comfortable, when all of the sudden, WHAM!! I was hit in the head very hard by something that made my ears ring. I rolled over in time to see Larry the lion rolling to a stop on the floor a few feet from the bed. Then I glanced over and saw that the door was still closed. After a few moments of not being able to scream, I was able to and my mother came rushing into the room. She then tried to explain to me how Larry could have fallen off of the top bunk, made a U-turn, come into the bottom bunk and slam my head like someone was swinging him by the tail at full strength.....Actually, she couldn't.
And I still can't wrap my mind around it.
It was a tiny bunk bead. The laws of physics would seen to say that it's impossible. How could that have happened?
That is my earliest memory of anything unusual.
Thoughts?
And yes. Larry was in the garbage the next morning.
That's an easy one to explain with pure science, particularly maths and physics.
Or psychology, since you were undergoing some trauma at the time.
Errrrr.
I'll explain later.
I feel sorry for poor Larry. :(
And the refuse collector he savaged the next day. :(

Bambam1989

East Texas
I want in on this! Here is the best one I have.. names have been changed.

When I was around 13 a young man, Bob, was murdered on the front porch of a vacant house. It was concluded that Bob had been living in the house, though who killed him is a mystery still.
A few years later Bob's sister, Jane, married my cousin and bought the house and moved in. They both had kids from previous marriages and I often would babysit for them.
Me and Jane became good friends and I started hanging out. She confided in me that she believed Bob was haunting the house. Things would be moved or she would swear someone would touch her shoulder. She asked me to do a seance with her and though I thought she was imagining stuff I agreed so she wouldn't try it alone.
We lit a couple of candles and proceeded. During which, the candles to one side of us blew out. And Jane freaked.
I pointed out to her that the AC had kicked on and had blown it out, even demonstrated. But she was determined it was her brother.
After that night when I would babysit, I started noticing things. The fridge would open, cabinets slam, and toilet would flush on its own.
I don't believe Jane was "haunted" before the seance. But she was so determined for it to be real I think she gave energy to it and basically created her own haunting. It was a harmless haunt and they still live there.

I don't believe in ghosts. I believe in a collection of energy. This builds until it has to find an outlet and this creates "phenomenons". Hard to explain.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
I want in on this! Here is the best one I have.. names have been changed.

When I was around 13 a young man, Bob, was murdered on the front porch of a vacant house. It was concluded that Bob had been living in the house, though who killed him is a mystery still.
A few years later Bob's sister, Jane, married my cousin and bought the house and moved in. They both had kids from previous marriages and I often would babysit for them.
Me and Jane became good friends and I started hanging out. She confided in me that she believed Bob was haunting the house. Things would be moved or she would swear someone would touch her shoulder. She asked me to do a seance with her and though I thought she was imagining stuff I agreed so she wouldn't try it alone.
We lit a couple of candles and proceeded. During which, the candles to one side of us blew out. And Jane freaked.
I pointed out to her that the AC had kicked on and had blown it out, even demonstrated. But she was determined it was her brother.
After that night when I would babysit, I started noticing things. The fridge would open, cabinets slam, and toilet would flush on its own.
I don't believe Jane was "haunted" before the seance. But she was so determined for it to be real I think she gave energy to it and basically created her own haunting. It was a harmless haunt and they still live there.

I don't believe in ghosts. I believe in a collection of energy. This builds until it has to find an outlet and this creates "phenomenons". Hard to explain.
:eek:
Hope you had a lovely birthday. :)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
After my husband died I prayed to my Higher Power to please not allow any ghostly visitations or emanations. So I guess that underneath it all I must sort of believe in ghosts, huh?

LoutheRussian

5 Year Member
Cornelius Or
I have several ghost stories as I lived in a house that myself and several of my friends think was haunted. Nothing had ever happened until after I used a ouija board with a friend of mine one night. I'm pretty skeptical about the boards "powers" but nonetheless after that night stuff started happening. I never had any problem with the goings on but one of my roommates wouldn't stay overnight alone in the house. My front door used to open itself repeatedly, I'd get up shut it and sit down only to have it open again. I'd get up and shut it again only to have it open back up. This would go back and forth several times. Even many of my friends witnessed this and tried shutting it too. At night the outside light would shine through the front window and onto a wall. Well one night I was by myself and up pretty late when I saw the perfect silhouette cast on the wall of a person walking by the window. I jumped up and ran outside to find no one there. I lived out in the country at this time so there wouldn't have been anyone to cast that shadow. I had a friend stay over one night and he claims to have felt something very cold start at his feet and slowly move up his body reaching his chest before it went away. I'm sure there were other things that happened but those are the ones I recall at the moment.

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Low desert 50 mi SE of Palm Springs CA
Being a Christian, the ONLY ghost I believe in is the Holy Ghost.
But there are certainly unseen forces of evil in this world. I am very careful to not allow "openings" in my life that would encourage such forces to mess with me.
But I did find something interesting when my husband and I bought our house 5 years ago...the realtor, by law, had to disclose whether or not anyone had ever died in the house. No one had.