Family "ghost" stories?

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
This story came in while I was out recovering from that stupid surgery. So I missed it.
My mom lives in a nursing home. Once, when she was extremely sick, she began "seeing dead people". Mostly family members.
I chalked it up to her dementia. But maybe she could sense others because she very nearly died?
I don't know.
I'm sorry about your dads passing.
Thanks, losing my dad is one of the hardest things I've had to deal with. Never easy losing loved ones.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Thanks, losing my dad is one of the hardest things I've had to deal with. Never easy losing loved ones.
I lost my dad in 2019.
He never mentioned anything strange on his side of the family except the family members themselves.
We were never particularly close, unfortunately

Dcatalano

Colorado
Not a ghost story but I find it interesting. In 2019 October 19th I lost my Dad to Cancer . While in his final days I would go visit him . He would hold full conversations with his brothers and sisters that passed long before him . The last time I went to visit he told me his mother was going to come pick him up at 5 am . It kinda freaked me out a little. He passed away just before 5 am the next morning . I still wonder if my grandmother came and picked him up . Had anyone else had something like that happen to them while a family member was sick ?
My grandmother lived in a nursing home after an amputation and losing her home to a fire. Her room was on the second floor, and when she was getting weak at the end of her life, she said she saw people at her window like her brother, who had passed away years earlier. It wasn’t long after that she died. I do believe she saw those who passed before her coming to take her home.

Dcatalano

Colorado
My coworker, Hayley and I were just talking about how her daughter has seen weird things. One day on their way to school in the winter in Colorado, she said “Why is that family outside?” And Hayley asked “what family?” And her daughter said “There, in the field. The mama and baby, why are they outside? It’s so cold.” She said “Yeah, they’re people, oh wait, they’re clouds… no, they’re cloud people!” Her daughter was 4 at the time - Hayley couldn’t see anyone there!

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
My coworker, Hayley and I were just talking about how her daughter has seen weird things. One day on their way to school in the winter in Colorado, she said “Why is that family outside?” And Hayley asked “what family?” And her daughter said “There, in the field. The mama and baby, why are they outside? It’s so cold.” She said “Yeah, they’re people, oh wait, they’re clouds… no, they’re cloud people!” Her daughter was 4 at the time - Hayley couldn’t see anyone there!
Your story reminded me that Just after my Dad died on Xmas Eve 33 years ago my niece who was 4 at the time came to visit my Mum, and on arriving she said hello to all of us there but also added 'Hello Pa.' Her Mum explained to her that Pa wasn't here now and she said 'Yes he is! He's sat in his chair with clouds around him.'
I think children can often sense things we adults dismiss.

Them the night before my Mum died 9 years later, I sat with her and although she hadn't really been with us or moved for days before because of the medication, during that night she would open her eyes, look straight ahead and kept rising from her pillow to reach out towards the end of her bed. I like to think it was my Dad come to take her with him.

Dcatalano

Colorado
Your story reminded me that Just after my Dad died on Xmas Eve 33 years ago my niece who was 4 at the time came to visit my Mum, and on arriving she said hello to all of us there but also added 'Hello Pa.' Her Mum explained to her that Pa wasn't here now and she said 'Yes he is! He's sat in his chair with clouds around him.'

Them the night before my Mum died 9 years later, I sat with her and although she hadn't really been with us or moved for days before because of the medication, during that night she would open her eyes, look straight ahead and kept rising from her pillow to reach out towards the end of her bed. I like to think it was my Dad come to take her with him.
Wow. That’s intense.
I agree that kids are probably more open to accepting that kind of experience than we are, so they have more of these stories to tell.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Wow. That’s intense.
I agree that kids are probably more open to accepting that kind of experience than we are, so they have more of these stories to tell.
Does the fact that my experiences stopped when I was 17 mean than I was slow in the maturity process??

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club

Although my mothers health is relatively good at the moment. She was near death twice before and BOTH times started speaking about dead relatives coming to visit her.
Relatives that seldom come up in our normal conversations.
It is something to wonder about.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
While this is likely to be more from lack of sleep than a ghost story, I thought I'd mention it here anyway.
I just spent a week up in Georgia visiting my mother.
On a long and boring country road I saw a man leaning up against a sign post up ahead in the distance.
He was thin and dressed in what I'd call "Cowboy" type clothes with a large western style hat.
As I got closer, I focused on him to get a better look and he disappeared. Just in a flash.
I felt like I was awake. It was daytime. And I have no idea what that was all about.

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
As told to me;
"When I was giving birth to your brother in 1963, my heart stopped. Your Father and I had a RH incompatibility that caused issues. As I died, I left my body, I was in the corner of the room looking down on the doctors trying to resuscitate my body. There were three doctors in the room and two nurses, another brought in some piece of equipment. On the middle of the top shelf was a bible, it must be Father Murphy's from St Joseph in Ann Arbor, who had visited me earlier. He must have forgotten it. Next thing I knew, I was in pain, immense pain and I realized that I was alive. When they had me stabilized, I asked about the bible that Father Murphy had left, they told me there was no Father Murphy and no Priest had visited me that day, then the nurse turned and felt for the bible on the top shelf, where it couldn't be seen, her face turned white as she pulled it down. She nearly collapsed when she opened it....................signed by a Father Murphy. This was a big thing in 1963 and I was grilled for details of my experience by the attending physicians and all agreed something had intervened. They admitted, I wasn't responding to treatment yet suddenly, I was alive again. They never found Father Murphy."

My mom kept that bible......

My mom finally died in '16 at 92 years, she never believed in ghosts as I do, she believed in God as I do as well. That little brother of mine lived and is still a pita.....but I still get to tease him....he's uglier than me, he's the product of old parents.......

Not really a "ghost story".......but along the same vein.....

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
As told to me;
"When I was giving birth to your brother in 1963, my heart stopped. Your Father and I had a RH incompatibility that caused issues. As I died, I left my body, I was in the corner of the room looking down on the doctors trying to resuscitate my body. There were three doctors in the room and two nurses, another brought in some piece of equipment. On the middle of the top shelf was a bible, it must be Father Murphy's from St Joseph in Ann Arbor, who had visited me earlier. He must have forgotten it. Next thing I knew, I was in pain, immense pain and I realized that I was alive. When they had me stabilized, I asked about the bible that Father Murphy had left, they told me there was no Father Murphy and no Priest had visited me that day, then the nurse turned and felt for the bible on the top shelf, where it couldn't be seen, her face turned white as she pulled it down. She nearly collapsed when she opened it....................signed by a Father Murphy. This was a big thing in 1963 and I was grilled for details of my experience by the attending physicians and all agreed something had intervened. They admitted, I wasn't responding to treatment yet suddenly, I was alive again. They never found Father Murphy."

My mom kept that bible......

My mom finally died in '16 at 92 years, she never believed in ghosts as I do, she believed in God as I do as well. That little brother of mine lived and is still a pita.....but I still get to tease him....he's uglier than me, he's the product of old parents.......

Not really a "ghost story".......but along the same vein.....
Thanks.
It's an excellent addition to our little collection here!

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
Naw Z, we've got lots, just didn't want to be "greedy" last Winter. LOL

Who doesn't believe in ghosts? Come hang with me for a while.....you will have a different opinion than you do now...that's for sure! LOL

Okay, who has been to Gettysburg?

Connect the dots folks;
Youngest Daughter 8-10, bright imagination, bright red hair (& all that it entails-trust me)
Divining rods made from 50% pure silver...(Silfoss50)
Gettysburg at night

We used to go up often and went to the touristy places like the Jenny Wade house (she was the only civilian to be killed during the battle) and various tours and stuff. This is back when the Ghost Searching shows were still new and she asked me about ghosts.....I told her the truth, I believe there are things that we don't recognize or understand about death and that I keep an open mind.

These pics were from a 2008 trip that included an outdoor "ghost tour".....typically lightweight stuff...but during the tour, people started getting really antsy, then the whispers.....they were feeling "presence"; 1 woman broke out walking away saying she was being chased.....of course we couldn't see anything.....but the camera....well, you decide.

The 1st two pics are taken on the battlefield as you can see statues and cannons looming in the shadows

Again, I've read the various reasons for the possible "scientific" reasons for the pics...so just decide for yourself.

We had lots of visits where we struck out, no orbs, no answers to our questions, neither of us "feeling presence"....then there have been other trips that were so intense that I was thankful for the 2 hr trip back home so we could talk about what had happened and to help my child process it and not be afraid of it because they weren't answering my questions, she held the rods and they answered hers! She was pretty young for that kind of stuff so I was on the lookout for any signs that it may be a problem but she went through the "phase" after a couple years and really never discusses it except at Holidays

The TV shows are fabricated crap.....what do they expect, a written note? NO, you need to KISS keep it super simple.....

We ask Yes/no stuff, open or close the rods to answer please. Amazing things....she "talked" to a Union soldier that was early 30's so he was "old" for back then, married and never saw the shot that killed him.

She "spoke" with a Confederate soldier for 40 minutes one night and halfway through, asked him if it would be okay for Dad to continue cause her hands were sore, she transferred the diving rods to me and she asked and he answered.....opening and closing the rods in response, no matter the "levelness" of the rods.

gettysburgorbcannon.jpggettysburgorbstatue.jpggettysburgorbchase.jpggettysburgorb2.jpggettysburgorb1.jpg

This is the kind of trouble I was blessed with...this is when she was young, before she became dangerous!

Imagine those pretty blues rolling backwards, head spinning like a top and inhuman sounds erupting.....yup, her moms daughter!

LOL

My little Scrumpy.jpg

OliveW

Branford, FL
Well I certainly have some reading to do tomorrow, and a couple of stories told to us kids by my great grandmother many decades ago.

@jeff kushner that little blue eyed redhead is stunning! I have always thought that pure red hair and pale blue eyes is the most beautiful combination! She will look young all of her days. Gingers are blessed with a natural, internal fountain of youth.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Well I certainly have some reading to do tomorrow, and a couple of stories told to us kids by my great grandmother many decades ago.

@jeff kushner that little blue eyed redhead is stunning! I have always thought that pure red hair and pale blue eyes is the most beautiful combination! She will look young all of her days. Gingers are blessed with a natural, internal fountain of youth.
For a boy it's a curse!
I had red hair too. Thank God it got brownish as I got older.
I still have the blue eyes

OliveW

Branford, FL
For a boy it's a curse!
I had red hair too. Thank God it got brownish as I got older.
I still have the blue eyes

Nope, not a curse! LOL

I LOVE red hair! Even males don't age like the rest of us mortals. My husband had beautiful red hair when he was younger. It turned more of a light brown with reddish tint as he got older. I wanted at least one of our children to have red hair, but none did. Both our girls do have blue eyes, though. Our boys all got brown eyes.

He is 62 and just got gray hair in the past few years. I found my first gray hair at 29 years old.