Family "ghost" stories?

M

Maggie Cummings

I totally understand not wanting to elaborate some of these stories in public. For fear of being judged.
However, I'm pretty sure that both Maggie and myself aren't too worried about being judged.

My experience is that once I'm judged, I'm put in a room with bars. 3 hots and a cot : )

Destben

Location (City and/or State)
Kansas
People generally think I’m a little out there already so I don’t really worry about it lol. The only thing I had a hard time talking about was my sleep paralysis just because that is a lot to take in. The rest I had fun telling.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
People generally think I’m a little out there already so I don’t really worry about it lol. The only thing I had a hard time talking about was my sleep paralysis just because that is a lot to take in. The rest I had fun telling.
Yeah. It's strange because in telling these stories and remembering the detail, it all seems so unbelievable. It was all a long time ago. But real. I have told almost no one. Ever. Face to face. In this media, you can almost talk about things anonymously. Without much fear of being judged.
I'm glad that my experiences have given other people some kind of enjoyment and I've enjoyed hearing other folks stories.
I'm a little surprised at how few had a story to relate.......SO FAR.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I had a strict Catholic upbringing-Catholic school from kindergarten through junior year of highschool, church every Sunday. Lots of threats of mortal sin, hell and damnation. I've been so scared of any kind of spirit stuff that I'd probably faint dead away if any happened.

Destben

Kansas
Yeah. It's strange because in telling these stories and remembering the detail, it all seems so unbelievable. It was all a long time ago. But real. I have told almost no one. Ever. Face to face. In this media, you can almost talk about things anonymously. Without much fear of being judged.
I'm glad that my experiences have given other people some kind of enjoyment and I've enjoyed hearing other folks stories.
I'm a little surprised at how few had a story to relate.......SO FAR.

One time I had a combination of paranormal activity and my sleep paralysis.
I worked night shift at this point so I sept during the day. My bedroom door was located by the front door. It started out as sleep paralysis where I couldn’t move and I heard a voice. (This was after I told the demon voice that I wasn’t scared and this was a completely different voice) it was a hysterical woman. She was calling for help. I couldn’t move so I figured it was just in my head. Well after a couple minutes of her wailing. I feel her get real close to my face and whisper menacingly “I thought you were coming to help” and at that moment the front door which was locked slammed open and I saw in my dream like state a vision of going out my back door and down the street. When I got up I tried to go the way I saw but nothing was there. I lived pretty much across the street from a cemetery at that point so it wasn’t surprising to me.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
I worked night shift at this point so I sept during the day. My bedroom door was located by the front door. It started out as sleep paralysis where I couldn’t move and I heard a voice. (This was after I told the demon voice that I wasn’t scared and this was a completely different voice) it was a hysterical woman. She was calling for help. I couldn’t move so I figured it was just in my head. Well after a couple minutes of her wailing. I feel her get real close to my face and whisper menacingly “I thought you were coming to help” and at that moment the front door which was locked slammed open and I saw in my dream like state a vision of going out my back door and down the street. When I got up I tried to go the way I saw but nothing was there. I lived pretty much across the street from a cemetery at that point so it wasn’t surprising to me.
Some of your stories seem to be in partly a dream state. And I had a few that I write off to being overly imaginative and maybe nodding off....

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
I had a strict Catholic upbringing-Catholic school from kindergarten through junior year of highschool, church every Sunday. Lots of threats of mortal sin, hell and damnation. I've been so scared of any kind of spirit stuff that I'd probably faint dead away if any happened.
Nuns live off of your guilt....;)

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
And little to no family stories of anything seemingly paranormal?

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Low desert 50 mi SE of Palm Springs CA
Since we're talking about this, I'll jump in.
As I've already said, I am Christian, and my experiences are in keeping with that.
I know for sure I have had contact and interacted with angels.
I have also seen demons, usually in someone's eyes, and twice in inanimate objects.
I believe with all my heart that the "ghosts" people see are demons taking human form.
Just my thoughts...

Destben

Kansas
Since we're talking about this, I'll jump in.
As I've already said, I am Christian, and my experiences are in keeping with that.
I know for sure I have had contact and interacted with angels.
I have also seen demons, usually in someone's eyes, and twice in inanimate objects.
I believe with all my heart that the "ghosts" people see are demons taking human form.
Just my thoughts...

That’s what my religion says. And that’s what I believe even tho I have had contact with “ghosts”

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA

OMG!!!! [emoji33] how terrifying!!!!!

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
See?
I don't know how I can kind of roll my eyes when anyone mentions demons, angels or ghosts.
With my own experiences completely unexplained.
It must be some kind of mental self preservation?
Are demons, etc really any less probable? I suppose not.
(Nor do I think that any of you that have shared your stories are lying)
An open mind is needed.
And Christianity aside, I assume that Jews, Hindus, Muslims etc have "ghost" stories as well.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
I'm not complaining. Lord knows. But I haven't had anything unexplainable (to me) happen in a long time. More than 35 years.
Some of it by now feels like my just relating and retelling an old story. A lot of the terror has faded away.
And it has been kind of therapeutic to share them with you.
It's unlikely that I'll ever mention these stories again. Mostly for the fear of being judged in person.

Destben

Kansas
I'm not complaining. Lord knows. But I haven't had anything unexplainable (to me) happen in a long time. More than 35 years.
Some of it by now feels like my just relating and retelling an old story. A lot of the terror has faded away.
It's unlikely that I'll ever mention these stories again. Mostly for the fear of being judged in person.

The more I tell them the less real it feels.

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Low desert 50 mi SE of Palm Springs CA
Well, for sure, I'm not on here to judge you or anyone else. I certainly hope I did not come across that way!!
I merely (maybe) have a different viewpoint.
I've enjoyed hearing your experiences, as well as the others who have posted.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Well, for sure, I'm not on here to judge you or anyone else. I certainly hope I did not come across that way!!
I merely (maybe) have a different viewpoint.
I've enjoyed hearing your experiences, as well as the others who have posted.
No. I'm just being honest in saying that I have a difficult time wrapping my head around some stories. And I shouldn't...Not considering my own posts/experiences.
I'm truly not judging. I'm very appreciative.