Family "ghost" stories?

Destben

Location (City and/or State)
Kansas
No. I'm just being honest in saying that I have a difficult time wrapping my head around some stories. And I shouldn't...Not considering my own posts/experiences.
I'm truly not judging. I'm very appreciative.

I think we can all agree that our stories are out there even if true and can unstable when other people have apprehensions. Everyone judges it’s in our nature. But this is a place for those who have had these experiences to let them out and not hold them in. That’s why I told mine.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
I think we can all agree that our stories are out there even if true and can unstable when other people have apprehensions. Everyone judges it’s in our nature. But this is a place for those who have had these experiences to let them out and not hold them in. That’s why I told mine.
Would you/have you told people that you know face to face any of this?
I've only told 3 people outside of this forum...And at least one of them assumes I'm nuts. (I'm guessing)
I know how unbelievable these things are. It bothers me greatly. ALMOST to the point of denial.
I'm so happy to hear others stories.

Destben

Kansas
Would you/have you told people that you know face to face any of this?
I've only told 3 people outside of this forum...And at least one of them assumes I'm nuts. (I'm guessing)
I know how unbelievable these things are. It bothers me greatly. ALMOST to the point of denial.

I tell people when I know they have an interest or their own stories. I know it happened but I know others won’t believe me. Like I said before I enjoy telling my ghost stories but have hard time talking about my sleep paralysis. I think that’s just because it sounds more demonic.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
I tell people when I know they have an interest or their own stories. I know it happened but I know others won’t believe me. Like I said before I enjoy telling my ghost stories but have hard time talking about my sleep paralysis. I think that’s just because it sounds more demonic.
Sleep paralysis is easier to grasp than a flying, stuffed toy lion.
One is a medical condition.

Destben

Kansas
Sleep paralysis is easier to grasp than a flying, stuffed toy lion.

Lol yes, but for a long time I truly believed that I was dealing with a demon and it would test my belief in god. Sleep paralysis maybe easier to believe but it was a terrifying time for me so it’s harder to talk about. I think my ghost stories are easier because they seem less realistic over time and your mind can get over them easier. Not saying that no one was traumatized I’m just pointing out my ghost stories compared the demon I was hallucinating holding me down and telling me my god can’t save me can’t really compare and it’s harder for me to deal with.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lol yes, but for a long time I truly believed that I was dealing with a demon and it would test my belief in god. Sleep paralysis maybe easier to believe but it was a terrifying time for me so it’s harder to talk about. I think my ghost stories are easier because they seem less realistic over time and your mind can get over them easier. Not saying that no one was traumatized I’m just pointing out my ghost stories compared the demon I was hallucinating holding me down and telling me my god can’t save me can’t really compare and it’s harder for me to deal with.
I can understand that.

Destben

Kansas
I can understand that.

At one point it was happening every night. Where as the real paranormal experiences were spread out and I had practice dealing with it because of my sleep paralysis. I still have more stories by the way just not as exciting.

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Low desert 50 mi SE of Palm Springs CA
You didn't ask me (it's ok [emoji16]), but I have told many people face to face about my encounters with angels and seeing demons.
In church, mostly receptive. Outside church....well...
But I share the experience. What they choose to believe is up to that person. A seed that's never planted cannot grow.
I think Zeropilot's and destben's experiences fit into this same category. Sure, some folks think we're nuts...what's new??
I know for certain my own truth. If others choose to think I'm fabricating stories, then I will never be able to convince them with logic.
Some happenings must be first hand for understanding to occur.

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Low desert 50 mi SE of Palm Springs CA
If satan is attacking you, you are doing something right! That's his reason to be here...to send his demons to terrify you and shake your faith. Demons are fallen angels who followed satan when he was thrown out of heaven!
Claim the name of God...with His help you are stronger than any demon!
Sorry for getting off topic...if anyone wants to, pm me.

baldegale

before i was born my aunt had a stillborn son, we went over their house all the time. things would happen like chairs would be pushed in, you leave the room n come back, then theyd be pulled out, books would fly off shelves, no one would be near the remote and the TV would turn itself on and off and change the channels. occasionally if you looked at the top of the stairs going to their room youd see a little maybe 5-8 year old boy (that was his age at the time) just sitting there. the one thing i remember vividly that happened to me was my aunt and uncle went to disneyland with their two daughters for fourth of july and me, my mom, and my moms boyfriend were house sitting. i was laying in my cousins bed when the tv started turning on and off and then it sounded like someone was pounding on the closet doors. i of course being 5 at the time (18 now) started freaking out and crying and the second my mom came into the room it all stopped and everything went back to normal.

i have a few other weird things that happened but they sound dumb and irrational and most people just call me crazy.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
A few times I was happy to see my mother standing in my doorway at night.
(Dad had gone by then. And mom usually looked in on me before she went to bed)
But on a couple of occasions, it wasn't mom. It was something or someone looking exactly like her but with a sinister expression and seemed to laugh when I got scared. Though I never heard a sound.
After the first time I figured that she always had on the same clothes. Seemingly an outfit my mother never owned. Odd.
Looking back. These few encounters might have been dreams. At least that's what my adult mind has decided that they were.
I wish the rest were that simple to write off!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I had forgotten this story and it just now came back as I was reading Ed's mom account above:

My son was about 10 or 11 years old and he knew there wasn't a Santa Claus. One night as he was in his room getting ready for bed (it wasn't Christmas time) he looked up and Santa Clause was standing in his doorway. My son wasn't asleep, but wide awake. When he asked what the apparition wanted, it slowly faded away. Even today, (he's now 62 years old) he swears he saw what he saw.