Family "ghost" stories?

EllieMay

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
East Texas
I believe in “something” ...
we lived in a very old house when I was a child that had strange occurrences.. lights that would turn themselves on, doors that would open or close, etc... I only have very vague memories but it was a known presence that everyone in my family acknowledged.. they referred to it as “Grandpa”.
I also had a horrible nightmare one time. Very realistic about a car accident involving people I didn’t even know.. it really shook me up and I told this lady who used to look after me about it. Gave her a very detailed description.. that afternoon, there was a story on the news that was a very tragic accident identical to my dream.. coincidence??? it really freaked me out and my family too... and I have always been afraid of strange dreams now...

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
At least I can pretty much 100% rule out Bigfoot....

Just some fuel for your fire;-)

Srmcclure

Oklahoma city

Just some fuel for your fire;-)
I love that stuff! I can watch /read it all day! But I'm a chicken for horror movies... I'm weird I guess lol

Srmcclure

Oklahoma city
At least I can pretty much 100% rule out Bigfoot....
Yea that's always nice to rule that out lol!

My husband works with a lady that is native American and he jokingly asked her if she believed in Bigfoot because he was talking about a show we had watched and she whipped around looked him dead in the eyes and said I don't believe. I KNOW. Ive seen him.

He tried to ask her more questions because now she had his attention, but she said that its not good to talk about him in her culture and wouldn't say another word. Crazy!

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.

My husband works with a lady that is native American and he jokingly asked her if she believed in Bigfoot because he was talking about a show we had watched and she whipped around looked him dead in the eyes and said I don't believe. I KNOW. Ive seen him.

He tried to ask her more questions because now she had his attention, but she said that its not good to talk about him in her culture and wouldn't say another word. Crazy!
Actually, Bigfoot, ghosts and Aliens might all fall into a similar category.
(With honest, otherwise sane people reporting what they perceived in an experience)
A lot of ancient cultures do mention an "ape man" of some sort.

Fish Breath

NY
R.I.P. my fish tank of 300 rosy red minnows, 2 blue catfish, 18 tadpoles, 6 snails, etc...(over 600 fish in the tank before it got infected by some algae

L

LasTortugasNinja

I'm a middle-aged man, and I'm not a believer but I've had weird unaccountable experiences. Most recent was a few years ago. Was helping my mother with some home repairs. Was in the basement. While down there, I heard children giggling by the stairwell, and the sound of a ball being rolled down stairs. There were no kids at the house, and no balls to roll. I Thought maybe someone turned on the tv loud upstairs or something. I stopped working and went to the stairs. Nothing was there. Went upstairs, nothing was on, and my mom hadn't arrived home from her church service yet... As I walked back towards the basement stairs, heard the giggling again, but as soon as I got to the stairs, it stopped. Haven't heard it since. My mom's neighbors are all in their 80's and 90's, with no grandkids that visit, so I don't know what it was.

Srmcclure

Oklahoma city
Actually, Bigfoot, ghosts and Aliens might all fall into a similar category.
(With honest, otherwise sane people reporting what they perceived in an experience)
A lot of ancient cultures do mention an "ape man" of some sort.
Oh yea, with all things we watch I've heard a lot of theories on all of them and I have no idea which way I lean.

All I know is I need to keep hearing them lol.

Its especially funny when my husband goes on a conspiracy story about it all lol. Sad thing is, some of it makes since if you believe the stories they are based on. How far down the rabbit hole do we all want to go is the question lol

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Low desert 50 mi SE of Palm Springs CA
R.I.P. my fish tank of 300 rosy red minnows, 2 blue catfish, 18 tadpoles, 6 snails, etc...(over 600 fish in the tank before it got infected by some algae
This isn't the proper thread for your post, but I'm so sorry about your fish and invertebrates.

Many years ago I woke up on a Christmas morning to a saltwater tank with all inhabitants dead. It was crushing. I tore down the tank and didn't keep fish again for 30 years. I know your pain. ?

Fish Breath

NY
This isn't the proper thread for your post, but I'm so sorry about your fish and invertebrates.

Many years ago I woke up on a Christmas morning to a saltwater tank with all inhabitants dead. It was crushing. I tore down the tank and didn't keep fish again for 30 years. I know your pain. ?
I know...but the ghosts still bang against the glass of the aquarium;

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Today I was watching some haunting TV show.
Normally I don't pay them much attention...I mean if the "team" didn't find "evidence" of the supernatural on every episode, they'd soon have no show!
Imaging after a few weeks of the research team visiting different locations and after days of recording and using special equipment, they say "Nothing again!"
Of course they found ghost activity!
It's also handy that every old tavern that claims to be haunted is much more popular.
Ghosts are a lucrative business.

What got my attention is the person telling the story mentioned that they heard a low, loud buzzing sound just as some of the encounters had happened...And I remembered that one of my first happenings also had a similar noise.
It made me think for a moment that even though the show is a glorified bunch of nothing. The people telling the stories might be telling their truth. Maybe all of them aren't looking to make a buck or prop up a failing business

It's a shame really. Because the rest of those shows are just for ratings.
And to me, anything helpful is often lost in the theatrics

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club

It would...If the fish came back from their toilet burial.

Srmcclure

Oklahoma city
Today I was watching some haunting TV show.
Normally I don't pay them much attention...I mean if the "team" didn't find "evidence" of the supernatural on every episode, they'd soon have no show!
Imaging after a few weeks of the research team visiting different locations and after days of recording and using special equipment, they say "Nothing again!"
Of course they found ghost activity!
It's also handy that every old tavern that claims to be haunted is much more popular.
Ghosts are a lucrative business.

What got my attention is the person telling the story mentioned that they heard a low, loud buzzing sound just as some of the encounters had happened...And I remembered that one of my first happenings also had a similar noise.
It made me think for a moment that even though the show is a glorified bunch of nothing. The people telling the stories might be telling their truth.

It's a shame really. Because the rest of those shows are just for ratings.

I listen and watch a lot of encounter shows and podcasts and I HATE listening the the 'experts/researchers' but I love the actual story. Most of those people you can tell something happened to them.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
I listen and watch a lot of encounter shows and podcasts and I HATE listening the the 'experts/researchers' but I love the actual story. Most of those people you can tell something happened to them.
I know what you mean.
All of that scientific equipment and mumbo jumbo.
The whole thing becomes a farce.
(As if most of the stories aren't already very unfathomable)

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club

I'd like to see a Bigfoot thread.
It's also interesting.
Thankfully the only Bigfoot encounter I've had was an X mother in law.

Srmcclure

Oklahoma city
I'd like to see a Bigfoot thread.
It's also interesting.
Thankfully the only Bigfoot encounter I've had was an X mother in law.

Omg!!! You made me spit out my tea!!!! ????

I love all cryptids! Bigfoots definitely a fav though. Apparently they are big here in Oklahoma too. I think we even have a yearly festival lol

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Omg!!! You made me spit out my tea!!!! ????

I love all cryptids! Bigfoots definitely a fav though. Apparently they are big here in Oklahoma too. I think we even have a yearly festival lol
I'd give them a bigger chance if they weren't spotted everywhere. In every state.
I once had high Hope's that we'd discover an unknown large primate cousin out there.
My Hope's are dwindling.

Srmcclure

Oklahoma city
I'd give them a bigger chance if they weren't spotted everywhere. In every state.
I once had high Hope's that we'd discover an unknown large primate cousin out there.
My Hope's are dwindling.

Yea... im not sure either. Part of me says, yea! We find new things every day! The other part says 9ft tall... ? how in the....? where would they...??
Especially when you think that the average house ceiling is 8ft. But gosh do they freak me out with some of the encounters!

Srmcclure

Oklahoma city
Although, its just as unsettling when you wake up to having someone staring at you at the side of your bed lol. Thankfully that only happened twice ?