Fans of Milla Jovovich of Resident Evil Fame

Skip K

Location (City and/or State)
Virginia
I did Resident Evil 3 with her. She is awesome. Super cool person and fun to work with. She gave a bottle of high end tequila to all the crew members at the end of the movie.

I had no idea she was in to tortoises.
Great story, Tom! She is one of my favorite actresses as is the RE series. Leonardo DiCaprio has a pet Sulcata and recently in the news I found out the ex Washington Capitals goaltender, Braden Holtby has two Leopard tortoises. Now when it comes to knowledge...I’ll stick with people in the trenches...like people in this forum but high profile people can be good ambassadors for tortoises/turtles. Hopefully raising awareness and a quest for knowledge. I don’t know much about Millas husbandry but she did make some good points. And if anyone wants to know what I get from keeping tortoises...Milla nails it perfectly!

Last edited:

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Great story, Tom! She is one of my favorite actresses as is the RE series. Leonardo DiCaprio has a pet Sulcata and recently in the news I found out the ex Washington Capitals goaltender, Braden Holtby has two Leopard tortoises. Now when it comes to knowledge...I’ll stick with people in the trenches...like people in this forum but high profile people can be good ambassadors for tortoises/turtles. Hopefully raising awareness and a quest for knowledge. I don’t know much about Millas husbandry but she did make some good points. And if anyone wants to know what I get from keeping tortoises...Milla nails it perfectly!
Leo has always been a reptile guy. I met him when he was a teenager and he brought his bearded dragon with him to a photo shoot. It pooped one of those nasty beardy poops on one of the pool lounge chairs and I helped him clean it up. I've done several pictures with him and he has been a decent guy over the years.

Blackdog1714

5 Year Member
Richmond, VA
Leo has always been a reptile guy. I met him when he was a teenager and he brought his bearded dragon with him to a photo shoot. It pooped one of those nasty beardy poops on one of the pool lounge chairs and I helped him clean it up. I've done several pictures with him and he has been a decent guy over the years.
Wow cleaning up poop with Leonardo :<3:

Skip K

Virginia
I wondered about him and his Sulcata. If he was a serious herper or if it was a spur of the moment purchase. Not that I’m putting anyone down...whatever floats your boat...but snakes seem to be the fad reptile of choice among many younger celebs. Maybe...this is changing...lol. Sounds like you have a very interesting life, Tom. Exciting to say the least!

TeamZissou

Albuquerque, NM
I watched the "southeast Asia wildlife trade" video and while the markets they showed looked pretty crazy, I'm left wondering about the girl at the beginning with five spider tortoises. It is definitely crazy that a kid in NC has $10k worth of tortoises in a glass tank in her room. What are the chances her parents picked those up at a pet shop via some form of illegal trade routes related to SE Asia? It seems far fetched to link the SE Asia trade to US trade, which, at least on its face is more regulated.