FedEx won't ship my sulcata :((

Status
Not open for further replies.

JeffG

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Arizona
Robyn@TRR said:
Please don't try and ship outside the approved FedEx lines, it is detrimental to all of us, the entire industry.

You cannot ship directly with FedEx unless you are specifically reptile certified. When FedEx says you "can't ship", that is what they mean. Without a live reptile shipping account, it is not allowed.

You CAN ship with FedEx through ShipYourReptiles.com, you will be covered under our certification. Going through the site, you can have a prepaid label printed in just 2-3 minutes.

You must agree to meet our SYR Shipping Standards, which includes guidelines for temperature and insulated packaging. We offer the packaging at our site (you can use your own, but it must meet our standards) along with a detailed Get Help section that will walk you through the steps.

That's pretty much what I would have said. If you just need to ship one reptile, one time, it would be crazy to go any other way than SYR. I went through the process to become a certified live animal shipper through FedEx, and it really does take some effort. It is definitely not worth it to ship one, or even 10 animals. It is only worth it if you are going to be shipping a LOT of animals for a long time. Log on to www.shipyourreptiles.com, and check it out. It is not only the easiest way to go, but also the ONLY legitimate way for anyone who is not certified to ship live animals.

Our rates start at 20% less than the FedEx retail rate, and we also have an On-Time and Live Arrival Insurance policy, unique in the reptile shipping world. Great for peace of mind.

We can arrange for a FedEx driver to pick up your package at your home or office, or you can drop it off yourself at the FedEx facility.

Tortoise folks are lucky, as it is a species that ships really well. Very tolerant of the shipping process, both in transport and temps.

Shipping your first time may seem daunting, but once you grasp the basics, it is a pretty straightforward process. We are also available for help and questions by phone and email.

That's pretty much what I would have said. If you just need to ship one reptile, one time, it would be crazy to go any other way than SYR. I went through the process to become a certified live animal shipper through FedEx, and it really does take some effort. It is definitely not worth it to ship one, or even 10 animals. It is only worth it if you are going to be shipping a LOT of animals for a long time. Log on to www.shipyourreptiles.com, and check it out. It is not only the easiest way to go, but also the ONLY legitimate way for anyone who is not certified to ship live animals.

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Robyn@TRR said:
Please don't try and ship outside the approved FedEx lines, it is detrimental to all of us, the entire industry.

Yes, good point. I did not mean to exclude the point of being certified in my post earlier, but it is very important to understand. All it would take is maybe even one bad apple to spoil everything.

Tortus

5 Year Member
Maryland
TC, my leopard hatching arrived here a couple days ago via FedEX next day priority, and it said right on the box in big letters, "FRAGILE LIVE TORTOISE" with arrows pointing up so they don't tip it over. It was written on 2 sides of the box.

The lady who dropped it off then started asking me all these questions about what kind of "turtle" it is and what I'm going to do with it.

I didn't correct her. She can think it's a turtle if she wants to. I just cringed a little.

bradleyka

5 Year Member
I am a driver at ups and I deliver reptiles weekly to a pet store. Ups also has a service called "sonic air " which is basically the next flight out. They don't ever even see the inside of a package car, and are taken directly to the airport . I don't know too much about their rules and regs, but that could be a option, although much more expensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.