feeding my torts

Status
Not open for further replies.

sharlan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
My two guys won't touch a thing (except watermelon, corn, and hibiscus) unless it is slathered on a piece of romaine. I've tried spring mix for years without much luck.

I just took a handful of spring mix, cut it up a bit, and added a couple of big scoops of canned pumpkin. They are in tortie heaven. I can't believe how fast they are eating it.

They're still munching the lettuces that I grew for them. One of them crawled through the patch the other day, not eating much, but crunching/smashing everything up. I have to give it a couple of days to recover from the damage.

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Inland Empire, CA
Just love it when tough love starts to pay off. Keep giving them the spring mix, hibiscus, try some Mulberryleaves or grape leaves if you can get some without chemicals. Mine love that also.

sharlan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
These guys are 17, maybe 18 yrs old. They will move everything off the romaine and just eat it. I've seen them push zuchinni and carrots off to get to the romaine. I chopped everything together so they couldn't do that.

I don't have access to grape leaves, may have to check specialty markets.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
sharlan said:
I don't have access to grape leaves, may have to check specialty markets.
Or buy a little grape vine at the nursery. You can either plant it in the ground, or if you don't have any ground, leave it in the pot it comes in.

Yvonne

Status
Not open for further replies.