Feeding the lizard on my deck-(link)

jeff kushner

Location (City and/or State)
North of Annapolis
I fed this guy yesterday and he took food again today.....here's a link. I think the way they lick their lips is so cute!

I apologize for the handheld shaking, it was zoomed out w/o a tripod.....and 6 cups of coffee! LOL I also don't know how to use the camera yet so I prob don't have all the anti-shake engaged

At the end of the clip, it points up wildly.....I saw the 1st Humming bird, he came in a hovered to say "Hi" (superman is a friend of the animals)...don't think I caught him though.

Josh

Ask questions, share answers, talk torts!
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Redlands, CA
Nice video. Have you tried uploading directly to our media gallery?

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Too cute! I think you have a wild lizard pet. I had a feeling he'd be back. Free food, he's no dummy.

SinLA

Tortoise Club
Los Angeles
I fed this guy yesterday and he took food again today.....here's a link. I think the way they lick their lips is so cute!

I apologize for the handheld shaking, it was zoomed out w/o a tripod.....and 6 cups of coffee! LOL I also don't know how to use the camera yet so I prob don't have all the anti-shake engaged

At the end of the clip, it points up wildly.....I saw the 1st Humming bird, he came in a hovered to say "Hi" (superman is a friend of the animals)...don't think I caught him though.
Didn't see the hummingbird, but heard it. Coming from the east coast, the two things that make me feel like "oh yeah, I'm in California" are fruit trees in the backyards, and hummingbirds. I know they are all over, but I never saw them growing up in NJ and they are all over the place here. I always stop to watch them because its still always feels like a magic thing to me...

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
Yes, for birds, Hummers are the coolest, some say they have the souls of those passed and when comes to hover, it's someone I know saying "hi". I'm not so mystical so I figure when they hover in my face, they want me to change the sugar water! We are on vac in 3 weeks and one of the places that I want to go is a hummingbird garden over where Tammy lives!

We are fortunate that we have a bunch of resident skinks. I had 3 big ones with the red heads for a while but they don't live forever and they either were predated or died. This guy will eventually migrate to the other deck on the other side of the sunroom (metal frame) as it's much more sunny over there. Usually, when you toss food to a lizard, it scatters.....so this is especially cool.

Thanks Admin, yup- didn't know that was a thing......but I'll give it a shot. You guys are like a good nfl game....you never see the refs....I like the trade, content for peace! LOL

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica

Video doesn't play for me. Just a still picture. But nice!

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
Video doesn't play for me. Just a still picture. But nice!
Okay, I'll go see if I can upload it here, it's not even a gig...should go.

It looks to be uploading......watching it go, I want to cheer it on........you can do it, you can do it, you can do it

Last edited: