feels like it's time to get ready for winter again

cdmay

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Somewhere in Florida
Well, I'm jealous. Feeling like Fall already???
Not down here. Our heat indexes are still well over 100 degrees and as I work outside, Ive been feeling every bit of it.
Your animals appear as if they've enjoyed a nice summer! Thanks for sharing.

mark1

5 Year Member
ohio
i don't believe we've had a 90 degree day this summer ..... it's actually been a really nice summer , unusual but nice , sunny , mid to low 80 degree days with pretty moderate humidity , mid to low 60's at night , into the high 50's a couple times at night , a bit cool for the manni , but lots of sun to warm them up during the day ...... we do have some prety hot summers with 30-40 , 90-100 degree days , none is unusual . our last winter was odd also , so warm the water hyacinth in my pond didn't die off , which it usually does . turtles were out of the water at some point during every month of the winter , the average temp may not have surpassed 2012 , but i think there were stretches of warmer temps , i don't remember ever having the ponds get as warm as they did .... we get some winters where we don't get out of single digits for a week at a time , can go more than a month without getting above freezing , the cold is way easier to deal with as far as the ponds go ....... the ground hibernators would require a catastrophic temperature shift to be affected ......

MichaelaW

5 Year Member
Harlingen, TX
No sign of winter here. Still over 100 degrees every day. Although we don't really get winter here. Haha.;)

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
As much as I don't like winters, I wouldn't take any other states weather except Hawaii.
All that real hot and humid, no thanks. Even without the humidity, no thanks. Most of our summer has been 80,90 and even a 100 day or two. However, it's not every single day. My body loves winter, I love my summers. Heck our last couple winters haven't been bad at all.
But, winter is still a bad word and shouldn't be spoken so soon:p