Female Russian Tort for adoption

Status
Not open for further replies.

Destiny Taylor

I'm looking to rehome my sweet Lily Lu. I've had her for a little over 5 years and she was just about a year when I got her, so she's approximately 6 years old. I got her when we lived in CA. She had a wonderful outdoor enclosure and spent most of her time outside enjoying the hot sun. We have since relocated to CA and she's been without an outdoor enclosure for over a year. I love her so much, but feel that it's unfair to keep her in an indoor enclosure so frequently. I would like to find someone who can give her the space she needs and will take great care of her. I am located in SW Virginia.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
It is. Rest assured.
you will find a great home here. Just ask a lot of questions if it isn't an established member. Or even if it is for that matter.:)

Linhdan Nguyen

Maryland
How is her indoor enclosure? I understand it feels unfair since it feels like they BELONG outside. But if you can provide a comfortable indoor enclosure then she will be fine. Can you take her outside in the sun every now and then?
How come you cant make her an outdoor enclosure?
Just trying to see if you should/can keep her.

Destiny Taylor

Her indoor enclosure is the largest plastic bin I could find. I found it around Christmas time and I think it was for storing trees. She frequently scratches at the corners. The scratching is more frequent after getting to spend some time outside. We rent and aren't allowed to have anything like a tortoise enclosure outside.

Linhdan Nguyen

Maryland
Are you able to make her a bigger indoor enclosure?
The choice is yours to give her to a good home. But if its really possible for her to stay with you then of course that would be nice.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
If you have room someplace in the house, you could buy one of those little blue plastic kiddy swimming pools for the tortoise. Being round with no corners makes it seem bigger to the inhabitant.

Destiny Taylor

I really don't have room for anything bigger than what I have. She used to have her own room with a huge enclosure that my husband and I built. We would also allow her to risk around the house while we were home. We have a two year old son which makes a baby pool not option. It has to have a lid, or be high enough that he can't reach her. The baby pool idea is a great idea though!! I really would love to keep her I just think there's much more I can provide her for the foreseeable future.

Cheryl Hills

5 Year Member
Youngstown, Ohio
If you do decide to rehoming her, can she be shipped? I am trying to get several females to go with my two males.

Destiny Taylor

If you do decide to rehoming her, can she be shipped? I am trying to get several females to go with my two males.
It would completely depend on what your set up is and where you're located. I've never shipped an animal so would need to research it a bit, but I'm not against it if she ends up somewhere she will be happy and healthy. She has been vetted, well cared for and loved, so I would expect the same of her adoptive family.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
It would completely depend on what your set up is and where you're located. I've never shipped an animal so would need to research it a bit, but I'm not against it if she ends up somewhere she will be happy and healthy. She has been vetted, well cared for and loved, so I would expect the same of her adoptive family.
if you decide to ship we have several threads on the Forum about shipping.

Carol S

10 Year Member!
Alta Loma, CA
I would love to give her a great home. I have a huge (56 feet long by 9 feet wide) outside pen. She would need to be shipped to Southern California (which I would of course pay for).

turtlemanfla88

If you would ship I would take her in Florida where all my Russians stay out all year. I have been working with them for twenty plus years. If you don't want to ship I recommend getting in touch with one of the Califorina Turtle and Tortoise Chapters they should be able to help.

Kara Kopek

Virginia
I'm looking to rehome my sweet Lily Lu. I've had her for a little over 5 years and she was just about a year when I got her, so she's approximately 6 years old. I got her when we lived in CA. She had a wonderful outdoor enclosure and spent most of her time outside enjoying the hot sun. We have since relocated to CA and she's been without an outdoor enclosure for over a year. I love her so much, but feel that it's unfair to keep her in an indoor enclosure so frequently. I would like to find someone who can give her the space she needs and will take great care of her. I am located in SW Virginia.

Kara Kopek

Virginia
If you are still looking for a home am located in Virginia Beach. Just get in touch withe and I'll see if I can help you out!!

Status
Not open for further replies.