Female tortoise has a willy!!??

Status
Not open for further replies.

tinkerbell1189

5 Year Member
Soo, I was soaking my 2.5 year old russian tortoise, who I had been told where I bought her that he was around 75% sure she was female. She was a little dirty so sometimes i give her clean with a soft brush, while I was cleaning the plastron she was struggling a bit as she doesn't really enjoy being cleaned, and all of a sudden something that looked very much like a willy came out of her tail.

So I'm guessing 'she' is a boy???
Or could this be some kind of parasite? As I'm worried it might be that. :\

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
Without seeing an actual picture, I am almost positive what you saw was your male flashing you with his penis. As long as it goes back in, there is nothing to worry about.

Did it look like maybe a smaller version of this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jA7m7QEo2s

tinkerbell1189

5 Year Member
OMG!! that was HUGE! Yes it was ALOT smaller than that!! And more of a reddy/pink colour, it did go back in, so yeh... I think 'she' is male, Thanks for your help :)

Talka

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
That would have been frightening to watch, had I not already seen "world's scariest animal penises" for zoology class! Hooooly **** that is freaky!

DesertGrandma

10 Year Member!
Arizona
I had to laugh at your title and then saw Jacqui's YouTube. OMG...I would have been scared to death if I saw this coming from mine...glad I am now prepared

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
*warning* the below may be inappropriate and is the result of too much espresso...
Oh my gosh I think that is so funny! Especially if "his" name is Tinkerbell!! I guess you'll have to change it to tinker-ba**'s!!! Hahaha

DesertGrandma

10 Year Member!
Arizona
CtTortoiseMom said:
*warning* the below may be inappropriate and is the result of too much espresso...
Oh my gosh I think that is so funny! Especially if "his" name is Tinkerbell!! I guess you'll have to change it to tinker-ba**'s!!! Hahaha

LOL :D

nikki0601

5 Year Member
Bonifay, FL
I have never seen a tort willy before now... not what I would imagine.. Now I know what to expect, thanks, lol

tinkerbell1189

5 Year Member
Hehe, 'his' name was Tinkerbell but my friend has suggested Tinkywinky seen as she has a winky....
His enclosure is all pink on the outside with flowers, hearts, diamantes etc.. I'm thinking we may need to makeover the enclosure too!!

tyler0912

5 Year Member
Blackburn, U.K.
Look abit like this?
penis1.jpg

This is when i just found at tiago was a male! XD about a year ago! :p

nikki0601

5 Year Member
Bonifay, FL
Yeah, an enclosure make over sounds good, man it up some or at least get rid of the pink and the hearts

Terry Allan Hall

5 Year Member
The Republic O' Tejas
tinkerbell1189 said:
Hehe, 'his' name was Tinkerbell but my friend has suggested Tinkywinky seen as she has a winky....
His enclosure is all pink on the outside with flowers, hearts, diamantes etc.. I'm thinking we may need to makeover the enclosure too!!

It would, indeed, be the KIND thing to do...maybe a WWF calendar, and a tiny 'fridge w/ tiny beers, so he can get into his "dude-hood". :p

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Terry Allan Hall said:
tinkerbell1189 said:

It would, indeed, be the KIND thing to do...maybe a WWF calendar, and a tiny 'fridge w/ tiny beers, so he can get into his "dude-hood". :p

No beer, delinquency of minor issues. :cool::D

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Not that I want to be flashed, but at what age do they usually start to do that. I am really hoping Tatum is a boy. At what age, if he doesn't flash, can I expect that he won't because he is a she:p?

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Hard to say, but "teenage" years seem to be the most common. I honestly have only been flashed by a few of my males, so you may never even get flashed. It seems sulcata tend to be the most often to flash, not sure if that is true, just seems you hear it more.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Jacqui said:
Hard to say, but "teenage" years seem to be the most common. I honestly have only been flashed by a few of my males, so you may never even get flashed. It seems sulcata tend to be the most often to flash, not sure if that is true, just seems you hear it more.

Thanks, I have awhile then, he:D, she:p is only 9 months.

Terry Allan Hall

5 Year Member
The Republic O' Tejas
Jacqui said:
Terry Allan Hall said:
tinkerbell1189 said:

No beer, delinquency of minor issues. :cool::D

What is the drinking age for tortoises in yout state? Here, in The Republic, nobody ever got around to passing such a law... :cool:

Melly-n-shorty

5 Year Member
Phoenix Arizona
ok the tort and the ball vido is funny and scary at the same time... i think the scary is obvious... but did anyone else notice the ball is squeaking? LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.