Fence questions

Megatron's Mom

Location (City and/or State)
North Little Rock, Arkansas
I'm building a 2' wooden fence using the old fencing I already have. Since it is well seasoned, I will be making it as close together as possible.

My question is if there is a tiny space that they can see through is that a problem?

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
For a sulcata, seeing thru might be a problem and yes, I would protect the siding.
My leopards have a decorative black metal fence that is completely see thru and it's not a problem for them.

Len B

10 Year Member!
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
If he has access to any rain gutter downspouts or clothes dryer vents they will need to be protected too. I really don't think small cracks between the fencing will be a problem. All 4 of my sulcata enclosure areas have chain link fencing on the outside. I have wood separating each tortoise though. None spend the day trying to get thru the chain link fencing. They do walk the fence border just like they do against the wood borders.

Megatron's Mom

North Little Rock, Arkansas
If he has access to any rain gutter downspouts or clothes dryer vents they will need to be protected too. I really don't think small cracks between the fencing will be a problem. All 4 of my sulcata enclosure areas have chain link fencing on the outside. I have wood separating each tortoise though. None spend the day trying to get thru the chain link fencing. They do walk the fence border just like they do against the wood borders.
Thanks, the water gutter downspout will for sure need something to protect it.