Finally adopted an adult Sonoran Desert Tortoise

BackYardTortoise

Location (City and/or State)
Mesa Arizona
Hello again all,

My family finally adopted an adult female Sonoran Desert tortoise from the AZ Fish and Game dept. a week back. We're located in east Mesa, Arizona and I've been lurking in this forum for nearly 2 years now. We're very excited to finally have a tortoise living in our backyard. We've yet to name her, but my toddlers call her "Eaty" since she's always grazing when she's outside.

Attachments

• 20220410_104348.jpg
    20220410_104348.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 14
  • 20220413_150651.jpg
    20220413_150651.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 13

Markw84

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sacramento, CA (Central Valley)
Do you know the story behind your tortoise? It looks like a wild tortoise that was just in captivity perhaps the past year or so.

Beautiful tortoise! Congratulations.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
One of my favorite species.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Congrats!

Most of the care info given for this species will result in their eventual death. Here is the correct care info to keep them healthy long term:

Jan A

Boulder, CO
Hello again all,

My family finally adopted an adult female Sonoran Desert tortoise from the AZ Fish and Game dept. a week back. We're located in east Mesa, Arizona and I've been lurking in this forum for nearly 2 years now. We're very excited to finally have a tortoise living in our backyard. We've yet to name her, but my toddlers call her "Eaty" since she's always grazing when she's outside.
Congrats!! And welcome!!