Finally finished!

AZtortMom

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Sunny AZ
After being under construction for 6 weeks, the indoor enclosure is finished! It turned into a double decker. Lights are still being installed in the bottom section and handles for the plexiglass lids on top. ImageUploadedByTortForum1390319124.928181.jpgImageUploadedByTortForum1390319142.773050.jpgImageUploadedByTortForum1390319176.949365.jpgImageUploadedByTortForum1390319199.986483.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Too bad that pretty wood in the bottom had to be covered up. :D Does he tip that water dish much? Thinking might want to bury it down into the substrate more. What made you go with tiles in the bottom?

AZtortMom

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sunny AZ
Yup he totally tips it over and fills with substrate as soon as he gets a chance :D will bury it further though. Adding more substate today. Added the tiles because he loves to dig, and they were free :D he looks so small in the enclosure too

Elohi

5 Year Member
Texas
I'm having issues with my plexiglass top bowing down over time. I end up turning it over so it goes back to flat, then it bows again so I have to keep flipping it ever so often. I'm wondering if somehow framing it would help minimize that? Of even a frame with a center brace? I have mine on top of a 54 gallon tote though not sure if that makes a different in the bowing behavior.

AZtortMom

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sunny AZ
I had that problem too with the thinner stuff. We bought the thickest stuff we could find and put a brace in the middle. My boyfriend said he's going to frame it if the thick stuff starts bowing too :D the smaller enclosure underneath has plexiglass too, but it's framed

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I would suggest (back to the waterbowl) to find a glazed terra cotta one. They have enough weight usually to make it a bit harder to tip too. Might want to find some flat rocks to go around the water dish or even plant some moss, to help with the dragging of substrate in.

AZtortMom said:
:D he looks so small in the enclosure too

That's not going to last long! :D

AZtortMom

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sunny AZ
Yeah, no kidding! :D Shelly will soon be taking his place once he outgrows it :)