Finally Fruit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ann Thompson

5 Year Member
My little ornate finally tried some fruit -- banana.

I have been wondering when he would be interested in something more then crickets and finally I saw him pulling apart big chucks of banana tonight and that makes me so very happy that he is interested in something new!

shelly-ornateBT

5 Year Member
Our baby ornate that we got in August appetite has recently increased dramatically along with her activity. She is eating a large variety of healthy foods now. So we share your excitement. You may find yours will eat more as well. It maybe because spring is approaching.

terryo

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Staten Island, New York
Same here. My little 1 1/2 yr. old Three Toed, who I haven't seen much of this Winter is coming out more often and ate some fruit for the first time yesterday. Strawberries. Spring is right around the corner now, and they know it!

lisa127

10 Year Member!
NE Ohio
I have an 18 month old three toed, and a juvenile gulf coast that is living elsewhere at the moment. Both of them ate fruits and veggies well before a year of age. I find it strange that most people's don't. However, my three toed will not eat bananas!! That is weird! He loves berries of all kinds, apples, blueberries, grapes, spring mix, peas, corn, carrots, etc. But will not touch bananas.

diaboliqueturtle

5 Year Member
Toronto, Canada
Exciting indeed! My 10 1/2 months old 3 toed nibbled on pear twice in the 8 months I've had her :-/ Otherwise healthy appetite though, average 8-10 bugs per day so I'm not worried. Yet ;-)

thelub

5 Year Member
If you want them to get a taste for fruit, try kiwi. Its like turtle crack! :D

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
I have never seen any Box Turtle pass up a strawberry. I think it might be the color red, although they all love melon of any kind.

msamanda1224

5 Year Member
Our boxie seems not to like strawberries very much... she'll eat a small box of blackberries in days though!!

Status
Not open for further replies.