Finally got Matilda on the scale...

jeff kushner

Location (City and/or State)
North of Annapolis
Sorry guys, no pics......but I did remember at 3:30 this morning to plop her on the scale

Last month she was 130 grams (she will be 2 yrs old in may/june), this morning, a solid 145 grams!!

Maybe this Spring, I'll relocate her outdoor enclosure...she didn't gain a gram in it last summer!

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
Seems to me she should gain most of her weight during the winter. Don't I remember something about you moving her into your master bedroom set up for a turtle? Or something like that. :) ask me for advice so I can tell you what to do...

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
Yes, she's in the 20 gallon tank for the winter in my room. I would like to move her outside for the summer.......I was kinda thinking that she should fatten up in the summer for the winter. That's why I brought her back in last Sept, she didn't gain anything over the summer.

Might be my own making though, seems like often, she waits to be fed.....

I love it.....that's a most considerate girl right there...."ask me for advise so I can tell you what to do"

Usually, they just do anyway!

LOL

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
When Matilda got up, she found the steak I had placed for her. I tried dropping my phone in her tank for a clean shot but she kept picking up her meat and running away with it, like a dog! So this is the best we get today........she sure loves beef but since I don't think "cow" is on their natural diet, she doesn't get it very often.

20220323_020808.jpg

augie1975

ontario
Sorry guys, no pics......but I did remember at 3:30 this morning to plop her on the scale

Last month she was 130 grams (she will be 2 yrs old in may/june), this morning, a solid 145 grams!!

Maybe this Spring, I'll relocate her outdoor enclosure...she didn't gain a gram in it last summer!
Yeah, it's a curious thing. You put your boxies in the great outdoors ...and they lose weight out there. Happened to me with both herds of box turtles, at times ... in nice spacious outdoor pens, fed the same, with opportunities to find even more wild food. What gives ?

Keep up the great work with your growing cute Matilda.

Augie1975