Finally........I think he's settled in his enclosure....(pics)

jmhoesch

5 Year Member
Mr. Pickles has been in his new enclosure now about 6 weeks. Remember for the first month, I wrote about I was worried I never actually saw him eating? I guess he must have been in small amounts, I just didn't catch him. Well..................over the past few weeks, he's been pigging out and I've caught him! lol So relieved.

His enclosure is overrun w/ weeds and growing wild all over the place in there. He's eating the spring mix/ mixed w/ weeds and flowers that I put in his dish along w/ the cactus that I chop up. I got pictures of him eating too!!!!!!!!! woo hoo!!!!!!!!!

He seems to LOVE the desert willow flowers! I only JUST discovered this, this morning. We have a desert willow tree, right next to his enclosure and some of the flowers fell in and I caught him munching on them. I'll make sure they are always in his enclosure now. He doesn't do that w/ the hibiscus flowers, but the desert willow, he gobbles them all up like candy............ got a good close up of Mr. Pickles in his bath and eating cactus that I chopped up...........then a really good one of him eating the desert willow flowers. His little pink tongue is so cute...........and the last one, you can see just how much all the weeds have taken over the enclosure. He gets lost so easily now, cause you can't see him........I think he's finally settled in and he LOVES his new home................

DSC03408.JPG DSC03430.JPG DSC03425.JPG

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
I'll bet it just kills you to have all those weeds in your perfectly landscaped back yard! Oh, the things we do for our tortoises!!