FINALLY! Squirts New Mansion!! (Pic heavy)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SulcataSquirt

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Missouri

We FINALLY got Squirt officially moved into his new hand-made home after a few set backs! It's 4x8 tort table, lined with glass and sealed with aquarium sealant, has a double sided hinged top and storage underneath! HOLY COW I'm probably more excited than Squirt is! Jimmy did all the work himself and of course I took pics along the way. He has only been in since last night so we are still trying to see how he feels about it (not that he has a choice :p) So far today he has done his normal self soaking in his water and ate a few bites of his mazuri snack otherwise he is roaming around like crazy and leaving a trail all around in the coco coir, so I guess that means he's not too upset. Compared to his tank he was in this is definitely a mansion! Here are quite a few pics I took throughout the process and a pic of him today!
Enjoy and feel free to ask any questions or leave any comments! We LOVE TFO feedback! :D
-C

[Crazy that this is how it all started...]
n2id7o.jpg

10nxp9v.jpg

[Hahaha.. couldn't get it downstairs.. had to take it apart and put it back together again.. :p]
2w4fwd4.jpg

[Table on stand]
fmq9lt.jpg

[Glass put on.. taped off for sealant]
n50pe8.jpg

[Hard at work]
2nqttz6.jpg

[Hinged lid]
13zoch4.jpg

[Black fabric to cover up all the storage underneath]
33wo2us.jpg

[Plants for enclosure - money tree, spider plants, & aloe vera]
168bf60.jpg

[All finished minus the plants (they belong in that empty corner)]
5beicm.jpg

2hicjep.jpg

[Roaming and checking things out]
200tox1.jpg

333frq1.jpg

2rze5ao.jpg

[Hanging out & doesn't know what to do]

AshleyJones

5 Year Member
Phoenix, AZ
Wow that is an awesome enclosure, Im going to show it to my husband and tell him thats what my Leo's want for Christmas LOL

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
I just love to see how much humans can actually love their animals. What a big lovely enclosure that you've built for this little guy. Way to go! :)

tortuga_mel

5 Year Member
Indiana
what a lucky tort! i can't wait to move out of this little apartment and have room for something like that.

Great job!

morloch

5 Year Member
Very nice!! I will Show that to my boyfriend ,,,for my next enclosure when Morloch outgrows his!!

Status
Not open for further replies.