Fires

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Low desert 50 mi SE of Palm Springs CA
@Tom are you being threatened by the fires?

I am supposed to be going to Moorpark tomorrow, but wondering about the wisdom of that, even though it will be my last opportunity to see a dying friend. [emoji22]

Anyone else near that area that can offer an opinion?

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club

Matt.evans5

California
My tortoise lives outside in an enclosure. Currently northern california is filled with wildfires and the smoke is everywhere. Will my sulcata be okay outside or should i temporarily move him inside.

schristensen13

Chico, CA
I am in the same boat....our newly adopted 10 yr old is outdoors and we are 15 miles away from the Camp Fire. I may move him into the garage soon...
The family we got him from said that luckily with the slower metabolism from lower temps it won’t affect them much. But it’s pretty bad...

Matt.evans5

California
I am in the same boat....our newly adopted 10 yr old is outdoors and we are 15 miles away from the Camp Fire. I may move him into the garage soon...
The family we got him from said that luckily with the slower metabolism from lower temps it won’t affect them much. But it’s pretty bad...

Can’t imagine how it is there, I’m east of San Francisco quite a ways away and the air quality is awful here

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
We decided to not go. The distance and holiday weekend weighed in.

But we would have only been around 20 miles from the Woolsey fire, with the Hill fire not much farther.

Many people in Moorpark were personally affected by the shootings in Thousand Palms on Wed night. Some of the dead college kids lived there, as the 2 towns are only 12 miles apart.

With my friend on death's door, just too much sadness, tragedy, and horror. [emoji22]

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Suburban-life in Salem, Oregon
I’m happy you’re not going … one less thing for me to stress over, overly protective as I am. For a while I looked at going to college in Moorpark, they had in the distant past a program for Exotic animal management. But alas we couldn’t afford it.

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
I’m happy you’re not going … one less thing for me to stress over, overly protective as I am. For a while I looked at going to college in Moorpark, they had in the distant past a program for Exotic animal management. But alas we couldn’t afford it.
How sweet of you Ken! Thank you.