First photo of huge indoor enclosure in progress!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RosieRedfoot

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Columbia, SC
Bought some fake and real plants. Still working on caulking/painting it! Trying to do at least 2-3 good coats of paint. Then need to figure out the liner and install the control system.

Here are my plants so far (minus a few out in the living room)

photo5-1.jpg

photo6-1.jpg

RosieRedfoot

5 Year Member
Columbia, SC
Updated picture! Need to paint and install doors and front "face plate" type panelling to cover the plywood and provide an insulating air pocket.

image-3864803879.png

LuckysGirl007

5 Year Member
Surprise, AZ
RosieRedfoot said:
Updated picture! Need to paint and install doors and front "face plate" type panelling to cover the plywood and provide an insulating air pocket.

WOW!

RosieRedfoot

5 Year Member
Columbia, SC
It's done! (mostly) My bf is finishing wiring the temp/humidity gauges and hooking them up to the lcd control panel. Buuut here is the planted inside.

From the right, looking to the left
Tortpen1.jpg

From the left, looking to the right
tortpen2.jpg

So, it was lined with 6mm plastic, and then filled with organic peat moss. I then mixed in some cypress mulch. The plants are in pots in peat moss and the vines and some of the plants are fake. There is a temp/humidity probe on each far end and a waterproof temp probe under the basking area between the slate tiles.

Under the water I put a cat litterbox and filled it with rocks to keep them contained, and put the water dish on top of that. I can pour water over the rocks to easily up humidity without creating a soggy spot she can get shell-rot in.

Right now on the left side the lamp up high is just a regular light to keep it lit and warm, and on the right side down lower over the tiles is her MVB bulb. I'll probably be replacing the left side lamp with a CHE and putting in a strip-UVB eventually.

Buuut thought you guys would like a visual update!

Doors still need to be put on (one of the plexi-doors is still drying) but it should be all finished by tomorrow! :D

RosieRedfoot

5 Year Member
Columbia, SC
Thanks! Will take a picture of the outside once it's got the doors tomorrow.

Here's a front/top view of the left side:
frontleft.jpg

Here's a front/top view of the right side:
frontright.jpg

The vines hide where the temp/humidity sensors run through the back and down the wall :p You can also see the computer fans on the sides that are there to help prevent it from being too stuffy, as well as turn on when it's too hot.

RosieRedfoot

5 Year Member
Columbia, SC
Once she's bigger she'll be getting summer outdoor time as well. This is her winter/night/youth enclosure. Just in case anyone out there was curious.

I'll also take pictures when she's in it. Sure beats her under bed storage tub!

bellyboo

5 Year Member
RosieRedfoot said:
It will be going in our third bedroom aka the pet room, lol.

I love this sentence. Ha! Along with our tortoise/turtles we have 3 dogs and 2 cats, so we also have a pet room.

It looks great! Nice and roomy for sure. she'll love it!

Status
Not open for further replies.