First-timers in AZ

Cherrise

Hello, we're the Wild West family of Gilbert AZ. My 15 yr old daughter talked her dad into a baby Sulcata about 2 weeks ago. They sure are adorable but I'm a bit overwhelmed with the tons of conflicting info out there so very glad to find this forum. Though I've even found very differing opinions on here somewhat. Very overwhelmed! and I thought we were taking on a low-maintenance pet! HA! nonetheless we are very responsible pet owners and want to do everything right. I'm looking for the correct sulcata thread to post my LONG list of what we've done so far and seek advice. so PLEASE look for me!

look forward to hearing from many of you experienced experts!

leigti

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
southeast Washington
Welcome to the forum. You can start your own thread under the sulcata section. As far as advice, I know there is so much conflicting information out there and it can get very overwhelming quickly. But do you have now come to the place that you need. :) check out Tom's care sheet forsulcatas and it will tell you everything you need to know.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Hello, Cherisse, and a very warm welcome to Tortoise Forum to you, your daughter and your new baby sulcata.
We love photos here if you can manage it.
I believe this site has the most complete and up to date information available, but we are all still learning and naturally, sometimes, people have differing opinions.
But follow the care sheets and you won't go far wrong.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Hi and welcome. Relax, take it step by step and you will be fine. There are many ways to raise tortoises and where you live makes a big difference, so of course there should different variations on methods.

Myroli

Welcome, I too hust recently got a baby sulcata, I've had him for about 2 months now and the people here have been a great help with all their awesome advice :)

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
Hello and welcome to the TFO from Phx. AZ . Torts rule ! Well your a least your in tortoise Hevan (AZ) but torts in AZ are funny they want to lay in the sun all day , they want to drink Bud , and of coarse control the TV remote , and when you walk up behind them you'll think they are whispering in Spanish .ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1430780715.814799.jpg but all joking a side you'll enjoy your tort . Have a great tort day !