Fish hook caught in turtles mouth! Need help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcrew

5 Year Member
I was fishing in my pond today in front of our condominium complex. I tied a fishing line to a branch and stuck a branch deep in the ground. I sat there and waited for a fish to nibble on the bait.

Anyway, within 15 minutes a got a snag on my fishing line and I grabbed the branch. Im trying to reel it in thinking it might be a possum or some huge fish! Then I pulled up on the fishing line and I see its a large turtle! The turtle turns powerfully back and yanks the branch out of my hand and swims off with the fish hook, bobber and branch with fish hook in its mouth. I tryed getting into the water to chase it but they are fast.
So today the poor turtle was swimming around the pond today because I see the bobber glide across the water. I am trying desperately to catch the turtle to remove the hook from its mouth cause I dont want it to suffer. If I dont the fishing line could strangle him or he could be in the pain from the fishing hook. This is driving me crazy and I cant sleep or eat. Im very upset about it.

Would someone help me? Would Wildlife conservation come out to my complex and remove the hook? A vet? What do I do? I looked for him tonight and I dont see the bobber anymore. He might be sleeping in the mud. Watching that bobber float around is disturbing me. I cant let others in my apartment complex know I am chasing down this turtle or I might be in trouble with the association for fishing in a condominium pond. Oh man I need help!

I made a mistake and will never fish again! Need help on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.