Fishes cohabitating harmoniously?

Yellow Turtle01

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
OH, USA
I used to have feeder fish swimming about with my midland painted, and he just got so lazy he didn't bother eating them all... They died after I cleaned him and they sat in a non-circulated fish bowl for a couple days... (oops.) but would it be wise to add some more? Like, real fish? Since the feeder fish died, I have moved another painted turtle (southern) in with him, and I don;t think he has had experience with fish before, so I'm thinking he'll go crazy for them, but my midland won't... 'cause he's just doesn't mind much... They have a plecostomus to clean the glass (it does a sucky job too) and my southern hasn't 'gone after it' but they may be because it is twice his whole length. What could be an okay fish species to house in there that could be pretty? Is that even a good idea?
Thanks peeps :D

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Boy, I think you are taking a big chance on this one. I wouldn't add anything you want to keep. Just my opinion. If they decide they wanted some sushi, well good by pretty fish

Yellow Turtle01

5 Year Member
OH, USA
Hehehe, I know, but if it was something 'lesser' like a couple common fish (NOT goldfish. Way too messy!) it wouldn't be very bad if they decided to take a nibble :D

Yellow Turtle01

5 Year Member
OH, USA
I just bought another plecostomos :p
I had one, and they work so great at cleaning! They also grow fast, and this one I bought a week ago is almost 3 inches long... So no temptation for turtles :D
Thanks for everyone's advice though :D!