Flex Seal for closed chamber?

Yeetster

Location (City and/or State)
West Virginia
Has anyone used flex seal to seal off holes in the top of a closed chamber and would it be okay for the tortoise?

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I read of at least one person here using it, but I have not heard how things ended up. Can't remember who it was. It seems like it could work, but I have no idea of the toxicity and fumes when its used inside a hot closed chamber. It might be safe, or it might not. I don't have any experience with it.

Hopefully the member who used it will see your thread and chime in to share their first hand experience.

I have used boat paint and Pond Shield in the past and both worked well for me.

Yeetster

West Virginia
I read of at least one person here using it, but I have not heard how things ended up. Can't remember who it was. It seems like it could work, but I have no idea of the toxicity and fumes when its used inside a hot closed chamber. It might be safe, or it might not. I don't have any experience with it.

Hopefully the member who used it will see your thread and chime in to share their first hand experience.

I’m not gonna put it inside the chamber just on top to seal some of the areas around the lights better where there are some small holes?

EricL

5 Year Member
Maryland
I have used flex seal to coat the complete inside of a closed chamber 4z2z2. I have not had any issues with it, so I would assume putting it on the top would not be a problem!

Reactions: Tom

TechnoCheese

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lewisville, Texas
I use it, works great so far! Although I wish I put more coats on, because Curtis dug through the thin one on the bottom.