Flipped on side

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mich

5 Year Member
Every day I come home from work and take my little leopard (3yr old)out for some exercise. I let her to free roam around my reptile room for awhile while we have dinner and I like to place little piles of spring mix around so she can roam/snack. After an hour I went to check on her and she was flipped over on her side, kicking like mad and laying in a puddle of pee!!!! OMG!!!!! Poor thing!! No clue how she even managed to do it, she was up against a wall wiggling away eeek. Naturally I immediatly flipped her over and put her back in her tort table. She went directly to her hide and dug through her hay to the far corner. Guess I'm very lucky she didn't flip right over.

DixieParadise

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Georgetown, TX
I had a tortoise shipped to me last week and it arrived upside down. Don't know if it flipped itself or the box got jostled..either way, it was done. Don't recommend them being that way for long periods of time, but they can survive. It is a scary and helpless feeling. Glad we both came out of it okay.

Jacob

5 Year Member
California
Sometimes when my sulcata wants out of his cage he will wall climb and hug the walls till he tips himself

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
The infamous roll over.....no matter how many times one sees it the split second gut spin still happens......I have one of the adult CDTs here (Herman) who is going to be the one that does my gut in......lol....he is my face plant king.......he will walk to the edge of his hide roof and look down...literally over the edge....look left and right and leap off the edge....I have covered it in dirt...I have surrounded it in rocks...logs....shrubs....does not good...if I cover it the fall just gets higher...and he also has a large large piece of tree that is a half log hide...well he will spend hours trying to get on top of it until he gets to the top...then yup...slides right over and off the hump and face plant....I personally think he is trying to make sexy with the log...lol....

One of the baby RFs (Ed) hauls butt, when the two babies are outside, and uses Edie as a stunt ramp and finds himself in a roll over...so this is why I have them out while I am out doing yard stuff....this way the wrecking crew (me) can come right him again...lol

Status
Not open for further replies.