Flooring in outdoor enclosure?

Michael Malone

Location (City and/or State)
Dallas, Tx
Hey everyone I just recently redid my floor of my house and I used luxury vinyl plank. I had left over pieces and I was about to start building his out door house. And was gonna ask if y’all thought it would be ok to use my left over vinyl plank for the floor in his house or should I just let him sit on a wood floor?

This stuff is very thick and it has the highest wear rating of almost any flooring on the market so I feel like it would hold up to his claws and all that. And it’s waterproof so not swelling or anything like that with moisture.IMG_3070.jpg

IMG_3021.jpgIMG_3083.jpg

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
That looks like the TRAFFIC MASTER ALLURE that I just finished my house in.
I'd be worried about a tortoise finding an edge and start nibbling on it.
Its fibrous and not digestable.
If I DID use it, I'd frame it with wooden edging baseboard.
Also, it is waterproof, but pee will still seep under it. Making a festering mess of the wood underneath.
Really, I wouldn't use it for a tortoise at all.

Attachments

• 15625242427525869849279425681292.jpg
    15625242427525869849279425681292.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 2

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
I don’t think i would use, it’s just way too slippery! I could see your tort slipping and not getting any kind of traction. Bad for claws, legs, joints...etc. (of course, it would look nice!)
That's true too.
I have to get my dogs nails trimmed more often now or she slides around on the floor.

Michael Malone

Dallas, Tx
Yeah I kept two whole boxes for repairs I did the whole house closet s and all. This flooring is the craziest stuff I ever saw it dosent lock together it just sets down next to each other the call it loose lay I got I cause m kids would scratch floor in my old house but it was to hard to replace the messed up pieces with this I can just pull up a single piece in the middle of floor with out having to pull up any other parts of floor.