Flower ID…possible hibiscus?

Skip K

Location (City and/or State)
Virginia
In our manicured yard…in a housing development… I have a section/garden that I’ve let overgrow for wildlife ( my own little mini park). All sorts of plants “appear” out of nowhere. Just found this. The flower looks like a hibiscus but I’m not sure. I question this because our climate is not conductive to hibiscus growing year round except Rose Of Sharon. I have a dwarf ROS but it doesn’t look exactly like this. Can anyone confirm what this is?

Attachments

• F6EF99B6-BCE6-4C1B-8062-B5695DC7C06B.jpeg
    F6EF99B6-BCE6-4C1B-8062-B5695DC7C06B.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 49

Skip K

Virginia
Looks like a Rose Of Sharon. I didn't know there was dwarf R O S.
Thank you. Our dwarf ROS is a bush and it’s not supposed to get more than 3-4 feet high. This is tall and more stringy with much bigger flowers than our dwarf ROS

Last edited:

Skip K

Virginia
This is our 2 year old dwarf ROS. A late spring bloomer and stops producing in early fall. It produced pretty well the first year we planted and about 80 flowers this year

Attachments

• A06AC62F-7BBD-47BE-B027-4342F724D19C.jpeg
    A06AC62F-7BBD-47BE-B027-4342F724D19C.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 16

Skip K

Virginia
My Rose of Sharon are taller than a 2 story house!
I thinking of transplanting it in the spring. The haphazard random way it just “appeared” in our mini forest is probably not ideal…at least not ideal for optimum output for all our faces who want their fair share of flowers. There is a little less “natural food” producing pressure on me now that my son bought his first home and has the Redfoots…and is angling for the Leopard. I’ll probably give him the Leopard too ( his fiancé loves the Leopard) and just raise the young Sulcatas and the boxie horde…and our new little muddy. But the tort alignment could change…or additions could be made…Lol

janetm

Phoenix AZ
In our manicured yard…in a housing development… I have a section/garden that I’ve let overgrow for wildlife ( my own little mini park). All sorts of plants “appear” out of nowhere. Just found this. The flower looks like a hibiscus but I’m not sure. I question this because our climate is not conductive to hibiscus growing year round except Rose Of Sharon. I have a dwarf ROS but it doesn’t look exactly like this. Can anyone confirm what this is?
Looks like a hibiscus to me.

Diane771

5 Year Member
No looks like an inpatient . Hibiscus don't grow on the ground like your picture