Follow TFO on Instagram!!!

StarSapphire22

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Fargo, ND
TFO is now officially on Instagram!!!

Follow @tortoiseforum for your daily dose of tortoise (and occasionally turtle) pictures!

Want your tortoise or turtle to be featured on the page? Tag us or use hashtags #tortoiseforum or #tfo and your shelled friends could be shared with hundreds of followers!

Spread the word to your friends...we're sharing pics daily and bringing more people into the TFO family! Let's get social! :D

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
What is the purpose of hash tags? do the y only get used on IG?

StarSapphire22

5 Year Member
Fargo, ND
They are used on twitter as well. It's a way of finding more content about the same thing...for instance you can hashtag a photo #cutekitten and someone else can click that hashtag and see other content that was also tagged with that.

Ashes

5 Year Member
Iowa
I don't know how to use IG. lol.

Elohi

5 Year Member
Texas
Ash, IG is easier to figure out than FB, by far. Lol

Elohi(Earth)

Ashes

5 Year Member
Iowa
What is it? Just a picture version of FB? lol.

Elohi

5 Year Member
Texas
Sort of. I've got two accounts, a personal and one for my animals (mostly torts). It's all images but it is interactive because you can comment, like, and follow. You can be private or public. I like it, it's fun. :)

Elohi(Earth)

Elohi

5 Year Member
Texas
I'm following you from both accts Ash. :)

Elohi(Earth)

Ashes

5 Year Member
Iowa
I'll give it a shot. :) that's what I can't stand about Facebook is the constant crap I read. I look at pics. That's about it. Lol.

StarSapphire22

5 Year Member
Fargo, ND
Hey guys! TFO's Instagram is doing really well! We've gained 100 followers in the last 5 days and that's great! Keep following and sharing our account with your friends. :)

And, remember to post pictures of your turtles and torts to be featured! I wanna see your photos! Tag us @tortoiseforum or #tortoiseforum or #TFO.

I know a lot of you aren't familiar with Instagram, but if you have a smartphone or tablet, it's one of the easiest social media sites out there to use (and my personal favorite)! Just download the app from your Android, Apple, or Windows device, snap a picture, and share! You can add pretty filters to your photos if you want (change the colors), use hashtags (or not), and your account can be visible to everyone or just people you approve! It's a great way to see pictures of the things you care about. :) Have questions? Post them here!

Abdulla6169

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Dubai/New York
Can you follow me? Lol, just kidding... Why don't you make a twitter/Facebook page and post tips? It will be nice for those social media tort lovers... Or is it too much to ask for?

StarSapphire22

5 Year Member
Fargo, ND
I don't believe additional social media is possible at this time, at least with me managing...Instagram currently takes at least one hour of my day as is, and I do have a full-time job, a side business, family, etc. It may be possible sometime in the future.

tortoisetime565

Oklahoma
I don't believe additional social media is possible at this time, at least with me managing...Instagram currently takes at least one hour of my day as is, and I do have a full-time job, a side business, family, etc. It may be possible sometime in the future.

Don't you know that TFO Instagram means you can have 0 of a life. You best be on that insta all day everyday posting some turtles!

Lol

Abdulla6169

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Dubai/New York
I could help if you want? I have LOTS of Freetime, what about contests like cutest tort or tort of the day of something? When the acc grows you can always make branches like a tort tip acc....

StarSapphire22

5 Year Member
Fargo, ND
Don't you know that TFO Instagram means you can have 0 of a life. You best be on that insta all day everyday posting some turtles!

Lol

But then I can't be on the forums and I'd miss you guys. ;)

Josh asked for 2-3 posts on IG per day, I think I'm averaging like 6 or 7, so neenerneener. :p

StarSapphire22

5 Year Member
Fargo, ND
I could help if you want? I have LOTS of Freetime, what about contests like cutest tort or tort of the day of something? When the acc grows you can always make branches like a tort tip acc....

I am planning on IG contests at some point, when the account is bigger.

If you'd like to help, you'd need to speak to Josh. I'm just the Instagram lady.

Elohi

5 Year Member
Texas
I love what you post!
I'm going to have to unfollow bostons_n_frenchies because they post SO MUCH. My feed is full of their posts and I have to scroll for ages to find a tort post.

Elohi(Earth)