Football Season

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
We have a new American rule football season next weekend. I still say go Ducks!!!!
We won a bowl game at the end of last season!
Go South Carolina GAMECOCKS

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1570988502971.jpg
    FB_IMG_1570988502971.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 0

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
SC had a 35-14 win against Georgia state.
Even though it's a win it was an ugly win against a team in a much "lower" conference.
From what I could tell EVERY SEC conference team won yesterday. That's great for the SEC but makes our schedule pretty rough.
Thus is probably not going to be a great year for us.

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
1st guys, lets get one thing clear, among friends.....there is always an outstretched arm for the dallas fan, they need our help.

says the Redskins fan....<LOL>

I did not go to SC but paid tuition for 3 yrs after my son played for a D3 team for a year before transferring to SC to concentrate on academics...or so I was led to believe..... In reality it was where all his "usual suspects" went and he missed his friends. Anyway, the Tradition of the "little black dress" for the girls at football games was a simple stoke of genius to load the stadium on Parents Weekend. ...not that they ever had trouble packing it. I had a blast riding down for that each year.

I don't just like the game as a fan, I tried out under Gibbs(1) (cause I'm old) and as fans we had hopes for Spurrier , we really did, we watched him sacrifice that QB of his(name?was that Ramsey?) trying to prove his "spread offense" is a world that was faster than college speed.....IMHO; he greatly underestimated the delta btwn pro and college ball. That QB got lit up so often I began to call him Sparky! Tough guy though....

Spurrier went to SC from there....so we got to see his success down there when my son attended. Make no mistake, Steve was a GOD down there as Z knows. He was every bit the "Nick Saban" of SC. The people loved him & the players respected and responded and he was able to put some great teams together. Kids got me a Gamecock sweatshirt ....of course they got me the;
" I love Co__" sweatshirt....yeah, no, we aren't wearing that kids....sick group, they are a sick group...

Enjoy the games guys.....

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
1st guys, lets get one thing clear, among friends.....there is always an outstretched arm for the dallas fan, they need our help.

says the Redskins fan....<LOL>

I did not go to SC but paid tuition for 3 yrs after my son played for a D3 team for a year before transferring to SC to concentrate on academics...or so I was led to believe..... In reality it was where all his "usual suspects" went and he missed his friends. Anyway, the Tradition of the "little black dress" for the girls at football games was a simple stoke of genius to load the stadium on Parents Weekend. ...not that they ever had trouble packing it. I had a blast riding down for that each year.

I don't just like the game as a fan, I tried out under Gibbs(1) (cause I'm old) and as fans we had hopes for Spurrier , we really did, we watched him sacrifice that QB of his(name?was that Ramsey?) trying to prove his "spread offense" is a world that was faster than college speed.....IMHO; he greatly underestimated the delta btwn pro and college ball. That QB got lit up so often I began to call him Sparky! Tough guy though....

Spurrier went to SC from there....so we got to see his success down there when my son attended. Make no mistake, Steve was a GOD down there as Z knows. He was every bit the "Nick Saban" of SC. The people loved him & the players respected and responded and he was able to put some great teams together. Kids got me a Gamecock sweatshirt ....of course they got me the;
" I love Co__" sweatshirt....yeah, no, we aren't wearing that kids....sick group, they are a sick group...

Enjoy the games guys.....
Spurrier made us nationally relevant.
We beat a #1 ranked ALABAMA team and clobbered CLEMSON five years in a row.
We also had wins against Miami, Ohio state, Michigan and Florida.
Most years we were in the top ten. Some years in the top 5.
Those were some great years!

Last edited:

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
SC had a 35-14 win against Georgia state.
Even though it's a win it was an ugly win against a team in a much "lower" conference.
From what I could tell EVERY SEC conference team won yesterday. That's great for the SEC but makes our schedule pretty rough.
Thus is probably not going to be a great year for us.
LSU lost and messed up the SEC dominated 15-0 for the weekend.
It's officially 14-1
Not too shabby.
It'll be a strong conference again. CAROLINA will be near the bottom of the heap.

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
As college ball goes, I was born in Ann Arbor when it really was a small College town. We had an apple orchard there & both my folks went there....got the very 1 soda of my life on the campus circa 1960(5 cents, Sprite in a bottle-the vertical pull bottle machine with the skinny glass door).....and they have the Big House.....kinda hard to argue that pedigree......and their human...Appalachian State anyone<LOL>?

We caught part of the Fla/LSU game...though the half anyway......pretty even at that point.

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
Looks like they clobbered them............

Ken is happy this morning, unless he's hung over and has to go to work.......if he's 25, he's still happy....however if he's 50...he's prob half & half!

Good for you brother...I stopped watching a couple years ago(we all have to mention that)...you know when. I do enjoy the game though and will watch College or a set or 5 of pro downs. I packed my old leather Redskins Team Duffle(this thing is NICE) this morning to head over to Kerry's today after work so I haven't forgotten. Can I ask a question that has been bothering me...what the heck is a "commander", they have been playing in the Skins stadium?? What's up with that?

LOL

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Suburban-life in Salem, Oregon
Not hung over this morning. My days of enjoying alcohol are long gone. I am tired though.
It was a great night to cheer the Bills. I’m tired from spending my free time trying to form a tv football viewing schedule for this upcoming weekend. Go DUCKS and go Niners!