For Adoption in Brooklyn, NY – 8 year old male Russian Tortoise

smas405

5 Year Member
Hi All,
I am looking to rehome my 8 year old male Russian Tortoise, Darwin. He needs more space and I unfortunately cannot provide that for him. I live in an apartment and would love to see him go to a home where he can have outdoor access and live his best life.
He seems healthy and is not a picky eater. His diet consists of kale, green leaf, mustard greens, frisée (his favorite), carrots and tomatoes.

I'm generally available on the weekends and am willing to travel in the tri-state area to meet up.

jsheffield

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Westmoreland, NH
Good luck finding a new home for Darwin!

I'm sorry that you have to find him a new home, but glad you're looking out for his best interests.

Be careful of people very new to this forum who may be eager to take him just to resell him.

I live with a 1:4 creep of Russians, all of whom seem to get along pretty nicely, or else I'd consider adding Darwin myself (love Russians).

If you can post pictures of him, you'll likely get more interest.

Jamie

smas405

5 Year Member
Good luck finding a new home for Darwin!

I'm sorry that you have to find him a new home, but glad you're looking out for his best interests.

Be careful of people very new to this forum who may be eager to take him just to resell him.

I live with a 1:4 creep of Russians, all of whom seem to get along pretty nicely, or else I'd consider adding Darwin myself (love Russians).

If you can post pictures of him, you'll likely get more interest.

Jamie
Thanks Jamie!
I couldn't figure out how to post images. I do not have an "attach files" option when creating a post.
I'll upload them to my drive and post links.

LikeGee

Hi Smas405, I have been looking for another Russian tortoise. I have a 7 year old female Russian tortoise, a beautiful habitat, and a nice backyard. I am in Brooklyn and I am very interested in adopting Darwin. I can send you photos of the habitat and of my tortoise, Donatella if you would like.

I created an account just to respond even though I've been reading in the forum for some time. If you want to talk I will gladly give you my email, or my cell number.
Hi All,
I am looking to rehome my 8 year old male Russian Tortoise, Darwin. He needs more space and I unfortunately cannot provide that for him. I live in an apartment and would love to see him go to a home where he can have outdoor access and live his best life.
He seems healthy and is not a picky eater. His diet consists of kale, green leaf, mustard greens, frisée (his favorite), carrots and tomatoes.

I'm generally available on the weekends and am willing to travel in the tri-state area to meet up.
I

Last edited:

smas405

5 Year Member
Hi Smas405, I have been looking for another Russian tortoise. I have a 7 year old female Russian tortoise, a beautiful habitat, and a nice backyard. I am in Brooklyn and I am very interested in adopting Darwin. I can send you photos of the habitat and of my tortoise, Donatella if you would like.

I created an account just to respond even though I've been reading in the forum for some time. If you want to talk I will gladly give you my email, or my cell number.

I
Hi LikeGee! That sounds great! I'll DM you and we can talk details. :)

LikeGee

how did this work out
Hi! This worked out fantastically! Darwin is loving his new home and his new friend Donatella, I don't know how to send photos on here, but Id love to post some. Thank you for reaching out and the connection!

Ink

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Virginia
Congrats however tortoises should not be kept in pairs.

LikeGee

how did this work out
Hi! This worked out fantastically! Darwin is loving his new home and his new friend Donatella, I don't know how to send photos on here, but Id love to post some. Thank you for reaching out and the connection?
Congrats however tortoises should not be kept in pairs.
Thank you, but they have separate habitats.

Reactions: Ink