For Adoption - Russian Tortoises & Chinese Box Turtle - Richmond, VA Area

chibicricket

Location (City and/or State)
MIDLOTHIAN
Hi! I run the Central Virginia Reptile Rescue, and we are still looking for forever homes for 2 Russian torts and 1 Chinese box turtle, Godzilla, Grotle and Oscar.

Grotle and Oscar are 13 yr old males that resided in an elementary school for roughly 10 years before they were surrendered to me due to being neglected. They are both healthy and eat well, but Grotle has some minor shell deformity from previous malnutrition, and Oscar has a small bump on his shell.

Godzilla is a 5 year old Russian tort that was very well cared for, but her previous owner unfortunately had housing issues, and could no longer keep her. She's very healthy, shell is in great shape, and she loves to eat!

We're hoping to find someone who understands their care, and housing requirements that will adopt them, and thought this might be the best place to reach out!
Annotation+2022-09-20+130950.jpg
20220830_094702.jpg
20220830_104317.jpg

chibicricket

MIDLOTHIAN
I probably should add that my rescue doesn't have the permits to ship, and this would be a local pickup, but we have an application process too. Just looking for people in the Richmond, VA area that might be interested or know someone else that might.

pacific chelonians

SanDiego California
I probably should add that my rescue doesn't have the permits to ship, and this would be a local pickup, but we have an application process too. Just looking for people in the Richmond, VA area that might be interested or know someone else that might.
When you say permits to ship I have no clue what you are talking about they don’t require any permits for shipping Reptiles

chibicricket

MIDLOTHIAN
When you say permits to ship I have no clue what you are talking about they don’t require any permits for shipping Reptiles
Not for a regular person to ship, no. But my rescue is a registered LLC and has to follow different state rules for Virginia. I do not plan on shipping animals so I've never pursued it.

chibicricket

MIDLOTHIAN
Happy to report that we found homes for both the Russian torts!

Now hoping to find a home for Oscar, the Chinese Box turtle. Unfortunately, we have gotten quite a few applications in for him, but a lot of them didn't know the care requirements, and others were denied for space reasons.

Chinese Box Turtles are semi aquatic, and he really does enjoy being in the water a lot of the time. He's also fairly large and needs a lot of space. But Oscar is very personable and interactive, so I'm hoping to find him a good home soon!