For those who like kittens...

Status
Not open for further replies.

jjsull33

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Denver, Colorado
Kittens are my weakness... I love those pictures. Are they yours?

I went to pick up a CHE at petsmart yesterday and they had 3 kittens it took all of my will power not to bring them home, If I didn't already have 4 I would have.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
How could anyone not love kittens. They are really so cute. Is that mommy in the first pic? Are they yours or rescues? Or should I say rescues, that are now yours:D
ADORABLE:)[/u]

Pokeymeg

5 Year Member
Boston, MA
Omg....cuteness overload! I have a real softspot for calicos :)

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Sooooooooo CUTE! Now, we want to see the new puppy you got:p

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
yagyujubei said:
All females

I have not checked, but males with those colors are rare.

wellington said:
How could anyone not love kittens. They are really so cute. Is that mommy in the first pic? Are they yours or rescues? Or should I say rescues, that are now yours:D
ADORABLE:)[/u]

That's Mom (called Wild Calico) in the first picture. She has been here for several years and still will not allow me any closer then perhaps 6'. In taking these pictures she came between the kittens and I, along with growling at me. She is a very smart cat along with being super wary. I would like to know what happened to her before she came here, but whatever it was it shattered any future trust of humans. The fact that she has left her kittens for so long so close to where I travel past all day long to me is a major accomplishment in my mind.

GeoTerraTestudo said:
Gotta love 'em! Ours is a calico, rather like the first one, only long-haired. :)

I love long hairs!

Pokeymeg said:
Omg....cuteness overload! I have a real softspot for calicos :)

Me too... and tuxedos too.

sibi said:
Sooooooooo CUTE! Now, we want to see the new puppy you got:p

mctlong

5 Year Member
SF Valley, SoCal
OMG! This whole thread is on cuteness overload! The little gal in the second pic has the most beautiful, expressive eyes.

Are you going to keep the kitties or adopt them out?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using TortForum mobile app

lkwagner

5 Year Member
Kittens and a puppy, you've got it made! I've fostered over 100 bottle fed kitties and miss doing it. The darker kitten is adorable!

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Well I figured it was time for the Momma to take the kittens off the porch and back out to the garage or sheds. I know from the past that if I don't get her kittens young, I will never lay hands on them, so I did the nasty today. I captured both kittens. :( That dark one went ballistic. She was pinging off all the walls of the kennel. :( We will not talk about how close she came to biting me. :( The Momma is now shooting me looks worse then killing looks. I think her trust in me has sunk way back down. :(

lkwagner

5 Year Member
When I would get ferrel kittens, I would keep them in a small room and wrap them in a towel and pet them until they trusted me. They would be biting people at the shelter and sleeping with me that night. Give that a try :)

wiccan_chicken

5 Year Member
Georgia
Also if you can trap momma and have her spayed, you can work on gaining her trust without having to go through stealing her kittens each year.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
wiccan_chicken said:
Also if you can trap momma and have her spayed, you can work on gaining her trust without having to go through stealing her kittens each year.

I don't trust the safety of traps. Plus, she would be the last one to even come near a trap, especially after seeing the first 20 caught. :cool: The wild ones do get spayed or neutered as money allows. Meantime, if one of the females has kittens, I would much rather it be her as she makes pretty kittens. I have other females I have a higher priority of getting spayed then her.

wiccan_chicken

5 Year Member
Georgia
Aha I see. A friend of mine has been trapping for years, we only use the brown close traps, they're quieter and more sturdy. Can't remember the names off hand. I didn't know you trap feral cats, that's great.

Status
Not open for further replies.