For Wellington

Lyn W

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
UK
4 I've got. 3 red 1 white. The white is only 50w. Il order a 120v right now. Thankyou
You need to check the temps at tort level to make sure it won't be too hot.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
We can't get incandescent bulbs in the UK anymore. Arcadia are a good brand and sell flood bulbs. uvb tube kits and ceramic heat emitters. CHEs are great for night heat as they don't give any light and torts need darkness to sleep; also can be used for basking and extra heat when needed, but they should always be run through a thermostat to make sure they don't make your tort overheat.
Incandescent are not sold here much either but I do believe the flood bulbs are still available in incandescent, but I might be wrong there. I haven't had to buy any for a few years.
Are the arcadia just flood or are they uvb flood?

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Incandescent are not sold here much either but I do believe the flood bulbs are still available in incandescent, but I might be wrong there. I haven't had to buy any for a few years.
Are the arcadia just flood or are they uvb flood?
I use the Arcadia T5 HO uvb tube kit and a flood basking which is just heat and uva.
They also do the MVB type for heat, uva and uvb but they aren't recommended anymore because of the shell damage so I stopped using those a while ago.

cpl1307

Lancashire
What about ne getting one of these??

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230324_074954_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20230324_074954_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    235.7 KB · Views: 4

cpl1307

Lancashire
Do not listen to vets, most do not have a clue about tortoise care.
I'm no in the UK. But I do believe you can get the correct bulb for basking.
Pictured. It's just a regular incandescent flood bulb that you would buy for your house. Not sold at or in reptile supply stores, but hardware stores, etc.
I've got one of these aswell

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230324_082533_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230324_082533_Chrome.jpg
    213.1 KB · Views: 2

cpl1307

Lancashire
Hi,
I've taken advice off here and replaced my red heat lamp with a UVB White flood light. I wanted to ask have I done it right. I've got a arcadia UV Strip bulb in there already and now just put in the 50w UVB Floodlight bulb.
Is this right?

Attachments

• 20230325_143717.jpg
    20230325_143717.jpg
    7.6 MB · Views: 3

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Hi,
I've taken advice off here and replaced my red heat lamp with a UVB White flood light. I wanted to ask have I done it right. I've got a arcadia UV Strip bulb in there already and now just put in the 50w UVB Floodlight bulb.
Is this right?
Please give this a read at least twice. There is a temperate species care sheet and a heating and lighting breakdown at the bottom. I think this will clear up a lot of confusion rather than 50 posts going back and forth.