Forest Hingeback personality

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpeck425

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Michigan
Has anyone else ever experienced males to be very outgoing and females to be shy? I even tested it with groups in stores and everytime the ones who come-up and beg for food or allow head scratching are males. The ones who clam-up or impersonate rocks are the females. Is this a normal pattern or have some of you experienced outgoing female forest hingebacks.

Thanks
Jeff

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
USA
My females, K.homeana and K.erosa, were always out going. Never hid when I picked them up. Mine though were kept alone.

Danny

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I am working with 6 currently.

The first group, until recently were kept together. I just took out the smallest one (a male) a couple of months ago, leaving the two females together. The male has always been the shyest (along with the smallest and light weight). Even living alone, he tends to be shy compared to the other two. The females were both shy (WC) until they became use to life here. Now the biggest female is the gang leader.

The next trio is newer. Once more two females and a male. A bit older and bigger then the other trio. This time it's a female who is smaller and shyer. In this trio the male is just a tad more out going then the largest female.

So two trios, one with a dominant being male and one with it being female.

Status
Not open for further replies.