forstenii Video

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anthony P

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Swamps, bogs, and vernal pools
Hey everybody,

Threw this video together for our YouTube channel. For some reason though, only about 20% of my voice overs worked, so most of the video is just silent. Too bad, because i had a bunch of good forstenii info on there that I took a lot of time to gather/organize/script.

This girl was found through this forum (reposted craigslist ad) and she will be going to a vet for a long quarantine before hopefully joining the best forstenii guy there is,:cool: as a potential founder animal.

She is huge, and has a nuchal scute, which is pretty interesting/exciting for any forstenii enthusiasts out there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfjS4suGd28

Thanks for looking!

Itort

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Iowa
Beautiful girl. Should a real asset to the program.

EricIvins

5 Year Member
Why is a nuchal scute so exciting? 7 out of 8 that I just brought in have them?

Anthony P

10 Year Member!
Swamps, bogs, and vernal pools
What's interesting is how big she is, and that she has the nuchal scute. There is a theory, supported by a really interesting 2007 study that says that the larger specimens of I. forstenii found at one locality did not have nuchal scutes, while specimens from another locality that reached a smaller adult size has the nuchal scute.

She is as big as forstenii gets, at over 9.5 inches and 2317 grams, or 5 pounds, 2 ounces, and she has the nuchal scute. She's quite an anomaly, and something that these guys would have been interested to see.

Here's that study for you:

https://www.eeb.ucla.edu/Faculty/Shaffer/pubs/IvesConsGen2008.pdf

Status
Not open for further replies.