Forsten's new season hatch !!

emystiong

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Borneo
28 in total . Bit low ( almost no rain for 4 mths ) the extra dry season affected their breeding mode thus less eggs collected , usually could be close to 50 hatchlings .

juli11

5 Year Member
Europe
28 in total . Bit low ( almost no rain for 4 mths ) the extra dry season affected their breeding mode thus less eggs collected , usually could be close to 50 hatchlings .

Wow 50 forstens hatchlings... How much adults do you have? Do you sell them or what do you do with all of these?

emystiong

10 Year Member!
Borneo
All are sold or exchanged . This is one of the species that I offer out as they hatch .

Together with elongated as beginner tortoise for those interested to get into this hobby - at less than USD 100 a pc retail .

juli11

5 Year Member
Europe
All are sold or exchanged . This is one of the species that I offer out as they hatch .

Together with elongated as beginner tortoise for those interested to get into this hobby - at less than USD 100 a pc retail .

Ah okay. Yes if you sell them to people who live in the same climate like they naturally live you can call them "beginner tortoise".

emystiong

10 Year Member!
Borneo
My elongated are imported , only Asian brown MEE are local to Borneo .

I also encourage CB only and give heavy discount if locals come buy , No to imports ( mostly WC Indian Star )

mrscruffy

Do many locals buy from you? How popular is it to keep torts among the people of Malaysia?

Cheers
Donald

emystiong

10 Year Member!
Borneo
Not that common but this hobby ( exotic pets) catching up , within my home state I would say a few hundred get sold each year .
A few pet shop import some sulcata , leopard, Indian star , red footed ..... Another fellow breeder breed some and I make up the rest . Trade consider small , our capital state or other states started earlier and have more matured trade ( more players involved )

Then there's some turtle , monitor lizard , skink , iguana , ball python , leopard gecko ........ That I sell from my surplus backyard breeding .

mrscruffy

Wow, you are a serious herper. Its great to see you are so dedicated.
Do you have preference for native or exotic?

Cheers

emystiong

10 Year Member!
Borneo
Wow, you are a serious herper. Its great to see you are so dedicated.
Do you have preference for native or exotic?

Cheers
I love native more but sad to say WC harder to acclimatized to form breeder . But I do breed natives too - MEE , Malayan Box , Spiny hill , flat shelled ...... Borneo short tail Python , both type of rough necked monitor .......