Found a Sulcata Tortoise. Looking for experienced owners.

Donuhteloh

Location (City and/or State)
Houston
Giving away a Sulcata Tortoise to whoever has a decent amount of experience and success with this species or similiar. Giving him away to improve his quality of life. He was found roaming a busy street and I dont have the means to give him the life he needs. I'm not looking for first timers because I want someone who can provide what I couldn't.

Donuhteloh

Houston
Giving away a Sulcata Tortoise to whoever has a decent amount of experience and success with this species or similiar. Giving him away to improve his quality of life. He was found roaming a busy street and I dont have the means to give him the life he needs. I'm not looking for first timers because I want someone who can provide what I couldn't.
Houston area

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
How big? Pictures would probably help
Did you try too find its owner?

shirleena

Arizona
id love to add him to my family my oldest is funshine 5 years she is my baby lives inside most of the time.she goes with me where i go.If i am talking on the phone and she wants attention she woll limp and act like her legs broke until i pick her up.shes spoiled but my baby.she has a habitat outside 1/4 acre all grass trees she loves it. my other female ovie is 8 years old but is not as drama turtle as funshine.they are my everything.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
First thing you should be doing if you haven't is to try and find its owner. They are good at escaping. Put signs up, tell the local rescue and vets. Also see if there is a tortoise rescue near and tell them. Then if no owner is found, turn find him a good home.

daniellenc

Maryland
Posting found tort ads or looking for lost tort ads would also be good on Craigslist. I’m sure someone is heartbroken looking for him.

Donuhteloh

Houston
I would look for the owner but I am not sure where he was found. It has already been adopted twice as far as I know by a friend of a friend.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I would look for the owner but I am not sure where he was found. It has already been adopted twice as far as I know by a friend of a friend.
Thats a different story then, the finding of the owner has probably been done if it wasn't just turned in as an unwanted. In this case, be Leary of new members that only join to get a free tortoise. They usually just want it to sell.

Donuhteloh

Houston
Yeah I'm noticin that. hes doing great right now living in a small room thats been completely redesigned for him. Not sure about handling his size later on but for now hes not suffering. A friend and I have pitched money in to get him all his proper equipment and stuff.
Thats a different story then, the finding of the owner has probably been done if it wasn't just turned in as an unwanted. In this case, be Leary of new members that only join to get a free tortoise. They usually just want it to sell.

shirleena

Arizona
Yeah I'm noticin that. hes doing great right now living in a small room thats been completely redesigned for him. Not sure about handling his size later on but for now hes not suffering. A friend and I have pitched money in to get him all his proper equipment and stuff.
aww thats so awesome.its great to see that people really do care,and go the extra to get what he needed at that time.you guys are rare,enjoy him

Av8ersperk

Houston TX
What part of Houston did you find him? What size? After Harvey, we were flooded out. A friend in Pearland was watching our four Sulcatas. “Dozer” went missing. He had escaped from my friends outside enclosure. November 30, 2017, I posted him missing. Yes they can & do survive through Houston winter. Do you have pictures so I may compare with mine?

Av8ersperk

Houston TX
What part of Houston did you find him? What size? After Harvey, we were flooded out. A friend in Pearland was watching our four Sulcatas. “Dozer” went missing. He had escaped from my friends outside enclosure. November 30, 2017, I posted him missing. Yes they can & do survive through Houston winter. Do you have pictures so I may compare with mine?

Never mind, if that’s a picture of the found one, it’s not Dozer, Dozer is about 15yrs old & weighs about 35#.

Port St Lucie, FL
During our only Tortoise first experience (he was rescued) This tort was an escape artist and weighed about 70 pounds, he was huge! But he was a traveler. The first time I called animal control and he was found on a wide highway blocking traffic. People on the road called the police and the animal control dispatcher overheard the conversation and called me to come and get him. He was several miles away in 2 days. So I would always suggest to anyone when a pet goes missing let your animal control know about it. His last escape was, unfortunately, the last escape I have not seen him since. We think the gates were open for a short time and he just followed the perimeter fence line as usual. We hope he is in the huge park next to our home.

Moral of my story, when unfortunately you lose a pet, dog, cat, horse, tortoise, etc. call animal control and report it missing.