Found a tortoise please help me figure out what kind!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajacita16

5 Year Member
Hey everyone. My boyfriend found this guy in the middle of the street on his way to work this morning. Does anyone know what kind he is?? His tail is really long, It kind of looks like someone sanded his shell down. it's just flat gray. Thanks!

Attachments

• 044.JPG
    044.JPG
    193 KB · Views: 81
  • 045.JPG
    045.JPG
    275.2 KB · Views: 65
  • 046.JPG
    046.JPG
    222.3 KB · Views: 54

galvinkaos

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Temple City, Ca
Where do you live. I am sorry I have seen it before but don't know what it is. Others can id it though and let you know if it is native if they know where you live.

Dawna

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
That is a snapping turtle and I believe they are Illegal to own.. Yvonne had one turned into her rescue a few weeks back and she transported it to a rescue who deals with them...
be VERY careful....

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
The CaliforniaTurtle & Tortoise Club in southern California has a Snapper relocation project. They ship the snappers back to a state where they are native. I believe they have found someone back there who will also bear the shipping charges. However, if I were you, I would make a small donation towards the shipping, as that's a pretty big snapper.

You can contact the executive board at:

Michael Connor
818 345-0425

and he can give you the info about the project.

Yvonne

Itort

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Iowa
You have common snapper and a lucky boyfriend. The snapper looks stressed and if he wasn't your boyfriend would be in a bad hurt. He's holding him too near the head. Get him in water.

Status
Not open for further replies.