Found an easy way to get my baby to eat grass

Sulcatalover21

5 Year Member
Hello! Latley ive been trying to get my baby, Alley, to eat grass. I finally found a great idea! I took some grass, bok choy, and lettuce. I then grinded it up in a food chopper and she LOVES it, and because shes eaten it many times she loves grass and its now part of her diet :D. I thought id share if any of you are having trouble getting your sully to eat grass.

erdavis

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Gainesville, Fl (Go Gators!)
My sully eats grass but I do this a couple of times a week still. I mix in grass, weeds that aren't in his enclosure, calcium suppplement, and sometimes mazuri. It's his favorite too :)

rearlpettway

Training a Sulcata to eat hay:

Here is how we got Kendall to eat hay when she was a hatchling.
1. We cut up Timothy hay and orchard hay with scissors into very small pieces.
2. Placed the chopped hay in a blender and blended until it is a powder.
3. Soaked the blended hay in water for 10 minutes.
4. Drained off the excess water.
5. Chopped up "Spring Mix" greens or any greens that you have available with scissors into very small pieces. Chop the greens as small as possible so that the Sulcata can't pick the greens out of the hay.
6. Mixed the chopped hay with the chopped "Spring Mix" greens or any greens that you have available. Mix very well.
7. Give it to your tortoise.
One day I put the soaked hay in the enclosure before I added the greens and Kendall ate the entire pile of hay. With that said, it works very well at getting a Sulcata to eat hay.

Sent from Rodney Earl Pettway's iPad using TortForum