Found baby in pool

Kristy1970

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Addis, LA
What kind is this? My grand daughter found it swimming in pool, it’s the size of a half dollar IMG_1554590619.133124.jpgIMG_1554590643.242639.jpg

Kristy1970

5 Year Member
Addis, LA
I guess the odds of it dying is good if I put it back in the pond in my subdivision? We’ve had red eared sliders come to the front and back door looking for a place to lay eggs, we are about 1/4 mile from the pond. This one must have just hatched

Kristy1970

5 Year Member
Addis, LA
We spent so much money on the sulcata and it’s a lot of work, so how much work are these guys?

Reptilony

QC, CAN
We spent so much money on the sulcata and it’s a lot of work, so how much work are these guys?

They need big heated tanks with basking stations, I mean BIG tanks, especially if it’s a female, or if you live in a warm climate it may live outdoor all year in the pond.

Kristy1970

5 Year Member
Addis, LA
I personally would just put it back in the pond. These guys are a lot of work, lol

I’m leaning that way too[emoji23], it’s so darn cute! We are in south Louisiana and it is HOT and humid... we plan on selling and building a house on our property in the county and are digging a pond and sticking it.

Kristy1970

5 Year Member
Addis, LA
I added warm water and a heater and bigger rock. This guy has no fear. Would have definitely downed in the pool, impossible for it to get out.IMG_0020.jpgIMG_0021.jpg

Kristy1970

5 Year Member
Addis, LA
It’s hanging out on the warm side by the space heater I plugged in. Guess I should shop the Facebook market place for used tanks [emoji849]

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Low desert 50 mi SE of Palm Springs CA
Guy on Facebook 1 town over has a 55 gallon tank for $75 ... is that cheap? It’s in excellent condition, looks new
About two or 3 times a year, Petco has a "dollar per gallon" sale. So a 55g = $55.00. Most of the stores go up to 75g on the sale. If you can get by for a while, might be worth checking it out. I'm not sure when the next one is.

Kristy1970

5 Year Member
Addis, LA
Thanks Karen, I’ll try to get him down to $60, finding the little guy today, poor thing is in a plastic storage bin, covered with a dollar tree shower curtain and a little electric heater trying to keep temps warm enough [emoji31]