Found perfect shelf structure for new tort table!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LisaTurtle

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Seattle
I'm so excited!! i just found the perfect structure to make a tort table out of in a friends yard. He was gonna get rid of it so its free for me! ImageUploadedByTortForum1372906973.839679.jpgIt's metal and pretty big. I can't wait to turn this into Gary's new crib! It's gonna take some work tho!!

Last edited by a moderator:

LisaTurtle

5 Year Member
Seattle
I think I'll put furniture legs or something on the back/bottom so it sits up off the floor. What do other people use? Do u put it up on a table?

jjsull33

5 Year Member
Denver, Colorado
You could get a fold out table from Wal-Mart and put it on it. Also I don't know how the inside looks but I would put a liner in there too so the moist substrate doesn't rust the metal. Good find, can't wait to see how it comes out.

lynnedit

10 Year Member!
Southwest Washington
Nice! Agree with the rectangular fold up table at Target or Walmart and a liner! You will be good to go.

LisaTurtle

5 Year Member
Seattle
Ok thanks!! I didn't think about a liner... let me know if anyone has tips for attaching or installing that. Gary is in a glass tank right now so I haven't used a liner before. How do you keep it in place and from seeing it? I guess I could probably glue it...

Hey I have a totally off topic question. I noticed people use numbers with decimals when describing how many kids and animals they have . What's that about? How do you have 1.4 tortoises or 2.1 kids?? :)

panda

5 Year Member
Wow you should really post the final when your done. I'm super interested to see how you lay it out. Good find dude!!

Oh and I have been wondering the same thing about the numbers too lol

Millerlite

10 Year Member!
Southern Calif.
Ratio numbers are usually to show amount of tortoises you have and sex the first number is males second number females and sometimes you will see a third which is unsexed or hatchling and I've even seen a fourth number which is how many eggs you got incubating

So ezample a (1.3) is 1 male 3 females of what ever species .

wiccan_chicken

5 Year Member
Georgia
It shows like how many of what gender you have. Under mine you can see I have two male cats, two female mutts and one female Russian :)

Oh and the last space is for unidentified gender, like if you have a baby tort and have No clue as to what it is yet.

LisaTurtle

5 Year Member
Seattle
Ohhhh! Thank you for clearing up the #s!!

I will definitely post before & after pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.