Found Sulcata in the San Diego area

Wirewehear

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
So. Cal desert
I don't know much of the details yet but I was tagged on a face book post about someone who was given a Sulcata. She says it was found wandering a county road in the San Diego area, so was brought to the Desert View Tower. They have a face book page. I'm waiting for an exact area where the big guy was found and I'll repost. He looks like a big one. A little pyramided but not bad ... The person who has him really needs to find his home or someone who would like to have him. They don't have a place for him. Here is his picture ... excuse the dog but it does kind of give a perspective of its size.
10291800_10152170863432746_2319504651779869752_n_zps244cbfb5.jpg.html
Well ... I'm sorry about the picture. Its been a long time since I've been here. I'll figure it out later and try to repost it ... or if anyone is interested, go to the face book page of Desert View Tower. Its a historical landmark in Boulder Park, Ca. There are pictures of the tortoise there. I know someone is missing this guy ... he has to be 80+ lbs. Thanks ...

Last edited:
M

Maggie Cummings

"Upload files" will take you into your computer files and then you can post a photo, it's easy

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
That is one big Sulcata. Best wishes....

M

Maggie Cummings

Thank you Maggie!

Any time! Hmmm you posted that picture before I told you how, didn't ya???
I also have a picture of a dog on Bob's back, and they walked around like that for about half an hour.

Wirewehear

10 Year Member!
So. Cal desert
Hah .. yep, went to the 'how to' threads ... but you still took the time to help. Would like to get my little dog to do that but he wont go for it. ... Hope that big guy above finds his home. I know someone is missing him. They are trying to find a rescue to take him and none that I know of in this area take Sulcatas.

Wirewehear

10 Year Member!
So. Cal desert
Apparently the big guy came from Freedom Ranch in Campo, CA ... and they aren't interested in taking him back. Very irresponsible to just let him wander off like that. They suck .... if anyone is interested in him, let me know and I'll pass on the information or go to that Desert View Tower face book page. I don't know the gender .. I asked the woman if she finds out to let me know. I think females are more desirable ... yes?

kathyth

10 Year Member!
Beaumont, CA.
What about San Diego Turtle and Tortoise Society.
I am quite sure they would help.

Wirewehear

10 Year Member!
So. Cal desert
What about San Diego Turtle and Tortoise Society.
I am quite sure they would help.

Yes, its been suggested to her to try that place and I think it could be an option if it doesn't work out for her. I think they are considering keeping the tort. (an added attraction to the landmark.) They certainly have plenty of land to build him an area so she is researching the habitat and needs of the species. But she did say that if someone genuinely wants the big guy and has experience with them, she would probably let him go.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Some people suck. They make me mad.

Other people are great though. I guess it balances out.