FOUND: Sulcata (male) in Lancaster, CA

adore

Oh. You've been bitten by the tortoise bug. Hard. Don't worry. All of us are afflicted as well.

What do you say to people who don't get the whole "tortoise thing"? Have you run into that yet? What does your sister say?
Lol, guess I have!! Claire's had a Desert Tortoise for years who she adores and I actually never got what she saw in him until I took care of him for a couple months while she was selling her house and moving (a couple years back). I think there's just something lovely about a tortoise routine, feeding them fresh food, watching them eat (the cutest!), getting to know them and having them come towards you when they know you and you say hi!! (I know it's about food, but it's still a happy association!) Anyways, her tort is what made me so excited about taking care of Ned, but Ned's even COOLER (me, biased?) because of how different Sullies are, esp the diet. I've learned sooo much cause of him!

It's funny cause I guess I WAS one of those people who didn't "get tortoises" before Claire's, tort to a certain extent, and especially before Ned. Now I will bring up tortoises with people and most often no one seems interested, even the people I know who have tortoises! :( If people ask about my pets and I tell them about Ned I honestly am surprised when, almost every time, no one seems to care. Don't they know how awesome torts are?! Oh well, their loss!! ;) I guess I kinda get why... They just don't KNOW!! ;) :)

ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1465937218.994663.jpg

Reactions: Rue