Found this poor soul online...

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattgrizzlybear

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
NE Ohio
He looks miserable. That price is too expensive! He also is small for 3 yrs old.

jax7271

10 Year Member!
Ontario, Canada
I would love to help this tortoise, but I really don't have the $300 (you are right BowandWalter) right now (read holiday and big family dinner shopping) or I would take him in a heartbeat...:tort:

pipez

5 Year Member
I sent an email to see if its still available and reached out to a friend who runs an aquatic turtle rescue (lil res q) hopefully something can be done.

diaboliqueturtle

5 Year Member
Toronto, Canada
I know, it's so sad. This ad has been running since this summer. Back in august I contacted the guy and sent him a care sheet as well as recommendation to come on here for proper care information. He didn't reply and obviously didn't improve his buddy's enclosure :-(

jax7271

10 Year Member!
Ontario, Canada
I also noticed him a while ago; at that time he wouldn't budge on price...he looks so small for his age; he really needs some tlc...and just about everything else by the looks of his pic

diaboliqueturtle

5 Year Member
Toronto, Canada
jax7271 said:
I also noticed him a while ago; at that time he wouldn't budge on price...he looks so small for his age; he really needs some tlc...and just about everything else by the looks of his pic

Yeah, he dropped the price by $50... My red foot is 3 1/2 years old and she's twice his size, at 6". I've been watching the ad and my heart sinks every time I see it still up :-(

diaboliqueturtle

5 Year Member
Toronto, Canada
dannel said:
Does he budge for just the tort?

He just might, his ad has been running for months. I'd love to get him, but without a job, it's kinda hard to justify the expense (I have 2 human daughters to support) and my bf is the voice of reason. Once I win my lawsuit though, watch out! Lol

LuckysGirl007

5 Year Member
Surprise, AZ
Oh, he makes me sad! What a boring home! I hope one of you friendly Canadian members can save him!

morloch

5 Year Member
Poor thing looks so dehydrated !! I would like to give this person a piece of my mind!!! I'm going to see if I can do it,,, but I can only keep him till I find a good home for him!

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
I can't stand to see a beautiful creature like this suffer. He definitely is dehydrated, and possible even sick. At the very least, he's probably getting too much heat and not enough humidity in his enclosure. And if I'm not mistaken, that looks like dried out greens by this tortoise. Please, someone in Canada, do something to rescue him before he dies....

morloch

5 Year Member
I'm about 20 min away from this person. I'm going to try and reason with them, I'll tell him straight out how unhealthy the tort looks!

pipez

5 Year Member
He never returned my email. If someone reach out and strike a deal I'm willing to discuss helping.

LuckysGirl007

5 Year Member
Surprise, AZ
Either of you interested in the tort only? And what are you willing to pay? I can make offers a little lower than what you want to pay. ;)

pipez

5 Year Member
Well I paid $350 for mine and that's a healthy one. So I'm thinking $150 to $100.

Status
Not open for further replies.