Found tortoise Dade City/ St Leo area

poohbear

Location (City and/or State)
Florida
My friend's sister found a large tortoise near her house. Would like to find owner. Maybe escaped during hurricane Irma. Very friendly. eating weeds and grass. She put water out for it. If you have lost a tortoise or know someone who has please give Carrie a call at (352) 588-9791 home or (813) 545-7736 cell.

poohbear

Florida
Thank you for the information. I will let her know. I so appreciate the members on the forum.

Mortis_thetortoise

west central Florida
Does it have some pyrimiding ? My mom's friend sent a link to one missing in that area. I'll have her send me the link in the morning and you can compare pictures they said around 60 pounds

poohbear

Florida
I just got a text from Carrie. She said that she found the owners! She went to put up a flyer at the corner store and they had put a sign up. Also, Carrie had posted it in lost pets on facebook. Thank you for your suggestion and concern. Yes the picture she sent me showed pyrimiding. This evedently is the same tortoise. She said that when the couple who have the tortoise go on vacation she will get to tortoise sit him her house. Plus, she can go visit him! She was considering adopting him if she couldn't find the owners. I'm waiting on confirmation from her that this is the same tortoise. Will post when I know.